The North Island teams to compete in the inter-island match were selected this week. It was fantastic to see so many of our club members listed in the team. Congratulations to the following Brooklyn shooters on their selection:
- Open team: Michael Grain, Pratik Tailor. On call: Alex Woodwark.
- Women's team: Alex Woodwark, Dianne Grain, Meredith Ackrill, Jess Fair.
- Junior team: Ross Little, Jess Fair, Callum Osborne, Erin Little. On call: Luisa Kristen.
Michael Grain was top shot this week in the 20-shot competition, scoring 199.14, which included 100.7. David Grain and Meredith Ackrill both recorded 197.11, while Dianne Grain shot 196.9. In the 10-shot competition, the highest score in Master Grade was also shot by Michael - 99.7; while Ross Little shot exceptionally well in A Grade to score 100.8. Craig Fair achieved the highest score in B Grade 95.2; and in C Grade Stephen Thessman scored 98.4 followed by Erin Little with 97.2. Luisa Kristen was top D Grade shooter with 95.1; and Bex Amos recorded the best score in the college training squad - 88.1.
Wellington scored another clean sweep in the final round of the NDC competition shot on Thursday against Marlborough. This gave the team 13 points, moving Wellington ahead of Taranaki to lead after the round robin part of the competition, and means Wellington will shoot the semi-final against fourth-placed Marlborough, while Taranaki contest the other spot against third-placed Southland. Congratulations to Meredith Ackrill on being top shot on Thursday with 298.20 followed by David Grain with 297.21. It should be noted that the top six placings went to Brooklyn shooters in this round; great effort! The open section achieved its best result since the new targets were introduced, scoring 2943.162, and the junior section recorded their fifth consecutive win; Ross Little was top shot with 195.10. The semi-final will be shot on 7 August.
Meredith has had a great shooting week, finishing in 3rd place at the Manawatu Open Champs with 298.17, then shooting 197.11 in the final 10. The Brooklyn team of Meredith, Dianne Grain and David Grain finished 4th out of 17 teams in the teams event.
A reminder that if you wish to nominate for the BSA Cup Match, nomination forms need to be sent to Bev Newton by 31 July.
Round 5 of the interclub competition is being shot on Wednesday 30 July. If anyone listed in the selected teams below is not available, could you please let me know as soon as possible.
- Wednesday 23 July, 8.15pm, 1x20, Interassociation Open Match. #1 team: Pratik Tailor, Ross Little, Meredith Ackrill, David Grain.#2 team: Dianne Grain, Jess Fair. On call: Callum Osborne.
- Sunday 27 July: deadline for Round 4 closed champs targets.
- Tuesday 29 July, 8.15 pm, Interassociation Women's match. Team: Meredith Ackrill, Dianne Grain, Jess Fair. Emergency:Neakiry Kivi. On call: Luisa Kristen.
- Wednesday 30 July, Round 5 interclub match. Open: Pratik Tailor, Michael Grain, Meredith Ackrill, David Grain (captain). B Grade:Maor Ben-Shahar, Craig Fair (captain), Jialin Sae-Jiw, Mark Riley. C Grade: Jialin Sae-Jiw, Callum Osborne, Erin Little, Stephen Thessman (captain).
- Thursday 31 July, deadline for BSA Cup Match nominations forms to be sent to Bev Newton.
- Saturday 2 August, 7.30pm, Keene Range, Petone, Triangular B Grade, Junior and Women's matches. Teams to be named Sunday 27 July.
- Sunday 3 August: deadline for Round 3 Triple S targets.
- Sunday 3 August, 1.00pm, National Indoor Champs.