Congratulations to Phil Cox (97.5) and Leilani Fam (95.3) on shooting new PBs this week.
Another busy day at the club with 39 shooters. Top shot on the rest was Yiannis Fam with 82. Many of our D Grade members achieved fantastic scores, ones that our higher graded members would be pleased to shoot! The top shots in D Grade were Ben Cox 98.2, Hamish Guthrey 97.3, Ollie Tuohy 97.2, Leilani Fam 95.3 and Rhys Mountain 93.1. Neakiry Kivi shot the highest C Grade score of 96.3. Only an inner separated Callum Osborne and Craig Fair in B Grade (99.5 and 99.4 respectively). Ross Little achieved a very nice 100.7 in A Grade, and Meredith Ackrill was top Master Grade shooter this week, also with 100.7. In the 20-shot competition, Michael Grain blitzed the field with his 200.13, the next highest score being Meredith’s 196.09.
The Wellington D Grade team had a good 20-point win against Waikato on Tuesday night, with many excellent scores being shot. Top Brooklyn shooter was Summer O’Dwyer with 193.10.
Tickets are now available for the Brooklyn Club Centenary Dinner, being held on Saturday 17 October at The Pines, Houghton Bay. Descendants of one of the original club members will be re-presenting a Brooklyn National Reserve trophy to the club, and will give a short talk on that club member’s experiences during World War I. As well, a number of past members who shot during the club’s heyday in the 1950s will also be attending. It is hoped the centenary dinner will be well supported by past and present club members – family members are also invited to attend. Payment can be made direct to the club’s bank account using your name as the reference, or at the club next Sunday:
6.30 pm pre-dinner drinks
7.30 pm dinner
Cost $45 per person
Please ensure your Excel spreadsheet of scores is up to date as next Sunday is the last day for grading purposes. Spreadsheets should then be emailed promptly to Dianne for collation into the club’s return which will be forwarded to the national organisation.
We wish our members shooting in the Final 10 of the closed champs competition on Thursday, and our secondary school shooters competing in this weekend’s inter-island match, the best of luck. Do your preparation well, then relax and enjoy these events.
- Thursday 24 September, 8.15pm, 1x20, Final 10 of the Wellington Closed Champs: Michael Grain, Pratik Tailor, David Grain, Evan Little, Meredith Ackrill, Dianne Grain, Jess Fair.
- Saturday 26 September and Sunday 27 September, Interisland secondary schools match. Wellington College: Callum Osborne, Stephen Thessman, Ben Cox. Samuel Marsden: Summer O’Dwyer, Luisa Kristen, Neakiry Kivi. Wellington Girls: Erin Little.
- Sunday 4 October, final club competition day.
- Wednesday 7 October, Champion of Champions match, 8.00pm C/D Grades 1x10, 8.20pm M/A/B Grades 1x20. Champions named Monday 5 October.
- Saturday 17 October, BSRC Centenary Dinner, The Pines, Houghton Bay, tickets $45. All past and present members, as well as family members are invited to attend.