Thanks to our coaches and organisers for their input into selecting our new members from the introduction to shooting programme. We have now invited 13 to join the club, eight girls and five boys across a range of ages, along with two fathers. It was felt that the four-week programme worked extremely well, allowing shooters to gain a better understanding of the sport before making a commitment to join, as well as allowing our helpers to get to know the shooters better. The new members will be moved into sling and jacket over the next few weeks. Once again there was a marked improvement in scores in the programme, with six scores in the 90s and 22 in the 80s. Top scores were shot by Parker Robertson (93.1), Holly Seath (91.1), Wolf Spanoghe (91.1), Ben Cox (90.3) and Summer O’Dwyer (90.1, 90.2).
It was great to see so many at the club yesterday (46!! shooters). Three more made it onto the 100s board and cake roster (Jess Fair 100.5, Michael Grain 100.5, Dianne Grain 100.4). Top D Grade shooter this week was Hamish Guthrey with a very impressive 95.4, followed by Luisa Kristen with 93.5. Stephen Thessman shot highest in C Grade with 96.3, with only an inner separating the other C Graders (Neakiry Kivi 93.3, Erin Little 93.2, Greg Mason 93.2). The top two B Grade shooters were Craig Fair 97.3 and Callum Osborne 96.2. Jess Fair’s 100.5 was highest in A Grade, and David Grain top-scored in Master Grade with 99.6, three inners ahead of Michael Grain on 99.3. In the 20-shot competition Dianne Grain scored highest with 197.9, followed by Meredith Ackrill 196.11, Michael Grain 196.8 and Craig Fair 196.7 (very close to Craig’s PB).
Thanks to those who have paid their subs. These are now due and prompt payment would be appreciated (either at the club or direct into the club’s bank account 38-9005-0731057-01 using your name as the reference).
|Senior A||Senior B||Junior A**||Junior B**||College|
|BSRC subs including WSRA and TSNZ affiliation fees*||$305||$190||$275||$160||$275|
|Triple SSS champs||$10|
|Nightly range fees||$0||$6/night||$0||$6/night||$0|
* For adult family members living in the same household, second affiliation fee is discounted by $30. Please ignore TSNZ affiliation fee if paid already through outdoor summer shooting.
** Junior A and B subs relate to those aged under 21 as at 31 December, but who have left college.
*** The “coaching” fee goes towards partial reimbursement of travel and accommodation expenses incurred by coaches and organisers in attending secondary school shooting competitions.
Attached is the finalised club calendar. Please take note of representative matches and/or open champs you wish to shoot in. A full list of Wellington representative matches will be emailed out tomorrow.
- Friday 27 March, 7.30pm, sports psychology evening. Tickets $20; door sales tickets $25.
- Sunday 29 March, 3.00pm, new shooters moving to slings/jackets. assistance required; 4.30pm, training session, followed by range cleaning, and club competition session at 7.00pm.
- Saturday 4 April, Colyton Club Open Champs, Feilding.
- Sunday 5 April, 9.30am, Teams of Ten trials, 2x20.
- Saturday 11 April, Bulls Club Open Champs, Palmerston North.
- Sunday 12 April, 9.30am, Teams of Ten trials, 2x20.