Thanks to the many members who assisted with the visitor group yesterday, especially Andrea Tuohy who took care of the baby – watch out Ollie, Andrea looked extremely comfortable in this role! There were some very good scores achieved, with Guy Turner shooting best with 81 and 87, while Paula Acheson and Shannon Paine both scored an 83.1.
Congratulations to Rhys Mountain on scoring another new PB – a very impressive 94.2.
Inge Little once again top-scored on the rest, this week shooting 90.0. Our D Grade shooters continue to achieve fantastic scores – the top five this week were Ollie Tuohy 96.1, Luisa Kristen 95.1, Rhys Mountain 94.2, Summer O’Dwyer 94.2 and Ben Cox 94.2. Erin Little was top shot in C Grade with 98.2, followed by Neakiry Kivi with 95.3. It was very close in B Grade – Andrea Tuohy 97.3, Callum Osborne 96.4 and Craig Fair 96.3. Dianne Grain recorded the best score in A Grade of 99.7, and Michael Grain had a great night in Master Grade, shooting TWO 100.8sas well as another 100.5 as part of his 20-shot 199.10, while David Grain also recorded an excellent 100.5. Pratik Tailor was highest in the 20-shot competition with 199.16 (including 100.9).
It was great to see so many Brooklyn shooters (17) competing in the Hutt Valley Open Champs over the weekend. It doesn’t get much closer than the competition experienced by our four Master Graders – Pratik Tailor, Meredith Ackrill and David Grain all shot 298.18 while Michael Grain was a mere inner behind with 298.17. All four gained a place in the Final 15 in which Michael Grain finished 3rd with 199.12. Ollie Tuohy competed in the BCD Final 15, scoring a new personal best of 191.7 and finishing 5th. Congratulations to Meredith Ackrill who won the top woman trophy, Ollie Tuohy 1st D Grade, Stephen Thessman 1st C Grade, Luisa Kristen 2nd D Grade (including a new PB of 97.5), Neil Maddever 2nd C Grade, and Jess Fair 3rd A Grade. David Grain, Ollie Tuohy, Luisa Kristen, Neakiry Kivi and Georgia Karantze all shot their best open champs score this season.
Round 3 of the NDC competition was shot on Thursday. Wellington were clear winners in the open section, but unfortunately lost to Marlborough in the composite and junior sections, resulting in Wellington scoring 7 points against Marlborough’s 8 points, and pushing Wellington down to second place in Division 2 behind Taranaki who we face in the next round on Thursday 25 June. Congratulations to Meredith Ackrill and Jess Fair who were both mentioned in the top shooters section of the national results.
The results of the first round of the Closed Champs competition are now available. Michael Grain and Pratik Tailor are already battling it out in Master Grade, both recording 100s. Dianne Grain and Evan Little lead A Grade, Stephen Thessman is 4th in C Grade, and in D Grade Ollie Tuohy, Hamish Guthrey and Jamie Yee are the top three. In the women’s competition Dianne Grain, Meredith Ackrill and Jess Fair are currently 2nd, 3rd and 4th, while Stephen Thessman, Jess Fair and Callum Osborne are 3rd, 4th and 5th in the junior section. The deadline for Round 2 targets is next Sunday, 14 June.
The 1st Kelburn scout group have booked a social shoot for 18-20 shooters on Friday 19 June at 7.30pm (with set up at 7pm). This group were highly organised last time they shot, with a lot of adult supervision and tasks undertaken between squads. Could you please let me know if you are available to assist. Tasks include everything from filling ammo blocks, target preparation and changing, recording scores, through to marking, coaching, etc, so your help would be much appreciated.
A reminder that the WSRA quiz night fundraiser is being held on Friday - hopefully you’ve got your team together and are working on the very important task of determining your team name. This evening will be a lot of fun, so if you haven’t done so yet, start talking amongst your friends and family and form a team. Then forward your team details to Evan Little (email@example.com) who is organising the event. If you can’t get a full team together but have a few people interested, that’s not a problem - Evan will organise them into teams. Please contact Evan on 021 855 939 if you have any questions.
- Wednesday 10 June, 8.15pm, Interassociation Open Match. Team #1: Pratik Tailor, Michael Grain, Meredith Ackrill, Evan Little. Team #2: Dianne Grain, David Grain, Ross Little, Jess Fair. On call: Callum Osborne.
- Friday 12 June, 7.30pm, WSRA Quiz Night. Get your team together for this fun event. Contact Evan Little for more details (firstname.lastname@example.org, 021 855 939).
- Saturday 13 June, Southern Hawkes Bay Open Champs, Dannevirke.
- Sunday 14 June, Round 2 closed champs deadline.
- Tuesday 16 June, 7.45pm, Wellington v Christchurch juniors. Team: Jess Fair, Ross Little, Callum Osborne, Luisa Kristen. Emergencies: Neakiry Kivi, Summer O’Dwyer. On call: Erin Little, Ben Cox. Manager: David Grain.
- Tuesday 16 June, 8.15pm, Wellington v Christchurch and Manawatu women. Team: Meredith Ackrill, Dianne Grain, Jess Fair, Andrea Tuohy. On call: Erin Little. Manager: David Grain.
- Friday 19 June, 7.30pm, social shoot – 1st Kelburn Scouts (set up at 7pm, assistance required).
- Saturday 20 June, Wairarapa Open Champs, Martinborough.
- Sunday 21 June, Round 3 interclub. Teams to be named next week.