A busy day at the club with 35 shooters. It’s great to see so many turning up regularly, particularly our D Graders with almost full attendance each week. Congratulations to those who shot new PBs during the week: Wiko du Toit 99.5, Sarah May 97.3, Matthew Canlas 96.2 and Georgia Beatson 93.3.
Pratik Tailor scored the best 20-shot score this week – 198.13, and also the best Master Grade 10-shot score of 100.6. Ross Little was highest in A Grade with 98.5. Only an inner separated the top two B Graders – Craig Fair 95.5 and Summer O’Dwyer 95.4, and Mark Riley did best in C Grade with 95.2. In D Grade the top five were Sarah May 97.3, Georgia Karantze 97.3, Oscar Robinson 96.4, Matthew Canlas 96.2, and Amalamo Simi 96.2. This is incredibly good shooting with the boundaries between the grades now becoming quite blurred as many D Graders are achieving scores at an A Grade level. Thanks go to our coaches for the work they put into each shooter every week.
The Wellington v Hutt C Grade representative match, and Wellington v Hutt interclub winners matches were held on Friday. Wiko du Toit had a great night, being top shot for Wellington, our C Grade team and our B Grade team, with a very impressive 196.8. The teams were closely matched in the C Grade representative match, with the win going to Hutt Valley by 7 points. Our C Grade interclub team had a good win against Upper Hutt, finishing 20 points ahead (an average of 5 points per shooter!). Our B Grade interclub team also scored a win against Petone Central, finishing 7 points ahead. Unfortunately our Open Grade team lost to Wainuiomata by 4 points – top shot for Brooklyn was David Grain with 197.12 closely followed by Meredith Ackrill with 197.10.
Results from representative matches are now available on the TSNZ website: http://www.tsnz.nz/
· Teams of Five (13 teams): Wellington #1 5th, Wellington #2 9th
· Titipounamu (12 teams): Wellington 6th
· Interassociation Open Grade (14 teams): Wellington #1 8th, Wellington #2 14th
· Interassociation A Grade (12 teams): Wellington #1 4th, Wellington #2 12th
· Interassociation B Grade (11 teams): Wellington #1 2nd, Wellington #2 9th
· Interassociation C Grade (10 teams): Wellington #1 3rd, Wellington #2 10th
· Interassociation D Grade (9 teams): Wellington #1 3rd, Wellington #2 5th
· Interassociation Juniors (8 teams): Wellington #1 2nd, Wellington #2 6th
· Interassociation Women (7 teams): Wellington 3rd
Greg Mason has started his epic journey, planning to walk from Cape Reinga to Wellington. To keep up to date with where Greg’s at, go to his blog: ramblenz.wordpress.com
The 2016 grading season runs between 1 April and 30 September, so next Sunday is the last opportunity to add to your grading return spreadsheet. Please ensure your spreadsheet is up to date so that it can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible after Sunday. The club return needs to be compiled from the individual grading returns and forwarded to TSNZ in October. It looks likely that quite a few of our members will be climbing a grade (and in some cases two grades) – well done on this improvement over the year.
For those who attended one of the WSRA marking courses in July, the final day to return your signed marking course cards is Sunday 2 October. Certificates will be awarded at the WSRA prizegiving social to those who have qualified. Please leave your signed cards in the envelope inside the Association noticeboard cupboard.
We are responsible for range and social area cleaning this month, which will be undertaken on Sunday at 5.45pm. Please bring mops, buckets, cleaning cloths and vacuum cleaners.
· Monday 19 September, Final 10 Wellington Closed Champs, 8.15pm, 1x20: Dianne Grain, Meredith Ackrill, Summer O’Dwyer, David Grain, Georgia Karantze.
· Saturday 24 September, North Island Open Champs, Palmerston North (poster attached).
· Sunday 25 September, 5.45pm, cleaning.
· Monday 26 September, completed grading returns to be forwarded to email@example.com.
· Saturday 1 October / Sunday 2 October, Interisland secondary schools match, Blenheim. Marsden team: Summer O’Dwyer, Georgia Karantze, Luisa Kristen. Wellington College team: Wiko du Toit, Amalamo Simi, Oscar Robinson.
· Sunday 2 October, final day to return marking course cards.
· Wednesday 12 October, 8.00pm, WSRA Champion of Champions match.
· Saturday 15 October, 6.30pm, WSRA dinner and awards night, $35 each.
· Sunday 16 October, BSRC prizegiving and barbecue.