It was great to see so many of our shooters take the opportunity to shoot a 20-shot card yesterday with very pleasing results. Evan Little recorded the best score of 198.14, while David Grain shot 197.12 (including 100.9) and Oscar Robinson was close behind with a new PB of 197.11. The top three D Grade scores were shot by Amy Nathanson 189.6, Anna 187.7 and Ethan Haigh 183.6.
Best on the rest this week were Liam 91.4, Josh 87.3 and Rick 82.0. In D Grade Anna’s 96.2 was highest followed by Chris Lockery 94.1, Ethan Haigh 93.1 and Matthew Canlas 91.2. Oscar Robinson led C Grade this week with 98.2 ahead of Erin Little 95.3 and Inge Little 95.2. In B Grade Craig Fair shot best with 95.4 followed by Wiko du Toit 94.0, and Evan Little scored highest in A Grade with 99.5.
Congratulations to Meredith Ackrill on gaining selection to both the New Zealand women’s team and the New Zealand open team at the North v South match held in Palmerston North over the weekend. In the North v South women’s match Meredith shot the second highest score (396.20), and followed up in the North v South open match with 395.21. It was a clean sweep to the North Island in all four categories (juniors, women, veterans and open).
In the final round of the interclub competition on Wednesday, our C Grade team lost by 2 points to Wellington Central but won the overall 2017 C Grade interclub competition, thanks to bonus points scored in Round 3 by Erin Little and in Round 6 by Amalamo Simi (a new PB of 98.4). Our B Grade team won by 2 points against Wellington Central, and Erin Little’s 100.4 gained the team bonus points. Melrose are the 2017 B Grade interclub winners, while Brooklyn finished second. Our open grade team had a convincing win against Melrose and will now face Wellington Central in a shoot-off as both teams finished with 17 points. Pratik Tailor was top shot in this round with 199.15.
With only one round to go in the closed champs competition, Meredith Ackrill is in 2nd position in Master Grade, Evan Little is leading overall and in A Grade followed by Dianne Grain, Callum Osborne leads B Grade while Craig Fair is two points behind in 4th place. Oscar Robinson and Erin Little are joint leaders of C Grade, both having scored 487.22. And Anna has a seven-point lead in D Grade. Only a point separates Oscar, Erin and Callum in the junior section, and Erin Little is a point ahead of Meredith Ackrill in the women’s match. The deadline for the final round is Sunday 3 September.
Nominations are sought for the following upcoming September representative matches (by emailing Neil Kinsey):
- Saturday 9 September, 2pm, Wellington v Hutt Valley Open and Women, 1x10, 1x20.
- Sunday 10 September, 7.30pm, Wellington v Waikato D Grade, 2x10.
- Friday 15 September, 7.30pm at Keene Range, Petone, Wellington v Hutt C Grade, 2x10.
- Thursday 28 September, 7.30pm, Wellington v Hertfordshire, 1x10 UK, 1x10 NZ.
Round 2 of the local secondary schools match will be held next Sunday at the Royal Tiger range from 2.00pm until 4.00pm. The organisers have asked if anyone is able to help out with target changing, marking, score recording, etc. If so, please advise Bev Newton as soon as possible. Good luck to our teams who are currently in 2nd and 4th positions. Club shooting should be able to get underway as usual at 4.30pm.
- Tuesday 22 August, Teams of Five (B Grade and below), 8pm, 2x20. Team #1: Craig Fair. Team #2: Mark Riley, Erin Little.
- Saturday 26 August, Triangular Open Match, Keene Range – Petone, 2pm, 1x10 and 1x20. Teams TBC.
- Sunday 27 August, 2pm, Round 2 intercollegiate match, Newtown range. Wellington College team: Oscar Robinson, Amalamo Simi, Wiko du Toit, Casey Israelson, Matthew Canlas, Yiannis Fam. Marsden team: Georgia Karantze, Luisa Kristen, Amy Nathanson, Qiyun Goh, Georgia Beatson, Emily Lockery.
- Thursday 31 August, 7.30pm, NDC Final v Nelson. Teams TBC.
- Saturday 2 September, 7.30pm, Osmond Shield and Wright Cup matches. Teams to be named next Monday.
- Sunday 3 September, deadline for Round 6 closed champs targets.
- Sunday 3 September, deadline for Round 4 Triple S targets (20-shot).
- Sunday 3 September, 2.00pm, regional intercollegiate match. Teams to be named next Sunday.