With 30 people at the club yesterday, there was a great atmosphere with lots of banter as well as support. Thanks once again to our coaches for the time and effort they are putting into moving our new shooters to sling and jacket and tweaking pieces of equipment for those who have already made the transition. The final group of three will move to slings next week.
Top shot overall went to B Grader Mark Riley with a phenomenal 99.8, very closely followed by other 99s recorded by Evan Little, David Grain and Meredith Ackrill. Our C Graders continue to achieve fantastic results, top shots this week being Hamish Guthrey 97.5, Anna Hooper 97.2, Casey Israelson 96.3 and Inge Little 95.2. Aiden D’Souza recorded a new PB of 90.2 to lead the D Graders ahead of Chris Lockery with 90.1, while Hugh Guiney (new to the sling this week) scored 88.1 and Josh Whitehead was next best with 87.0. Three 197s were recorded yesterday by Meredith Ackrill, Evan Little and Ross Little in the 20-shot competition.
The first of the Rees Scroll trial matches was held yesterday morning. Only an inner separated top shots Evan Little and Meredith Ackrill (392.20 and 392.19 respectively). The second trial will take place next Sunday at 9.30am.
Once all new shooters have made the transition to sling and jacket, half-time talk sessions will be reinstated to cover both coaching tips as well as give more information about the various competitions.
A reminder that every shooter should now be recording all competition scores on the Excel score spreadsheet. It is best if this is done after each night so that scores are not forgotten. At the end of the season these are collated and forwarded to the national body TSNZ for grading purposes for the following season. So please remember to keep your spreadsheet up to date.
- Saturday 21 April, Rangitikei Open Champs, Marton – on electronic targets.
- Sunday 22 April, 9.30am, Teams of Ten trial, 2x20.
- Sunday 22 April, 5pm, final three shooters to move to slings and jackets; 6.30pm coached session, followed by BSRC AGM prior to commencement of non-coached session, assistance required for earlier sessions.
- Thursday 26 April, 7.30pm, Round 1 NDC. Team to be named this week following receipt of draw.
- Saturday 28 April, Masterton Open Champs.
- Sunday 29 April, 1.00pm, Wellington v Horowhenua, Poroutawhao Range, Levin. Team to be named next Monday.
- Sunday 29 April, 6.30pm coached session followed by 8.00pm non-coached session.
- Tuesday 1 May, Round 1 interclub (B Grade and Open Grade).