The Titipounamu match was shot last Monday with the team score being very similar to previous years. Top shot for Wellington was Dianne Grain with 295.16.
Round 1 of the intercollegiate match was held at the Keene Range in Petone yesterday, with 56 local students competing. Wellington College currently have a very close lead, being just one point ahead of Taita College and three points ahead of Upper Hutt College. Amalamo Simi was top shot for the college with 96.2. Round 2 will be shot on Sunday 26 August at the Royal Tiger Range. A reminder that the trophies won last year (Wellington College and Oscar Robinson) need to be returned, polished and engraved, by 26 August to the organisers.
Congratulations to Josh Whitehead on scoring a new PB yesterday, a very impressive 94.5.
Triple S Round 3 results are now available. Top Brooklyn shooters are currently Amy Nathanson (17th in C Grade) and Emily Lockery (22nd in D Grade). As mentioned a few weeks ago, the final round of the Triple S champs is a 20-shot card. To enable practice for this, each week there will be one 20-shot squad during the earlier session. It was great to see four of our members give it a go yesterday with some very good results, particularly Carl Whitehead and Josh Whitehead, both scoring 181.
A reminder that all members are able to get in extra practice in the evening non-coached session if they wish.
In club shooting yesterday the highest D Graders were Josh Whitehead 94.5, Emily Lockery 94.2 and Chris Lockery 90.0. Anna Hooper scored extremely well in C Grade with 99.4, five points ahead of next best Hamish Guthrey with 94.2. Mark Riley and Erin Little continue to battle it out in B Grade, this week with only four inners separating them (98.5 and 98.1 respectively). David Grain finished an inner ahead of Dianne Grain in A Grade with 98.5, while Master Grade shooters Meredith Ackrill and Evan Little both scored 97.5. Meredith Ackrill had the best 20-shot score of 197.14 ahead of Evan Little on 195.6.
Good luck to Meredith and Erin in the interisland match being held in Nelson next weekend.
- Thursday 16 August, Round 6 interclub, B Grade v Aotea, 8.15pm.
- Saturday 18 August, Interisland match, Nelson. Open team: Meredith Ackrill. Women’s team: Meredith Ackrill; on call: Erin Little. Junior team: emergency Erin Little.
- Wednesday 22 August, Teams of Five match, 8.00pm + 8.45pm, 2x20. Team: Erin Little; emergency: Mark Riley.
- Saturday 25 August, Triangular Open match, 2pm, Martinborough, 1x10 + 1x20. Team to be named next Monday.
- Sunday 26 August, Round 2 Intercollegiate Match, 2pm. Wellington College team: Wiko du Toit (captain), Amalamo Simi, Casey Israelson, Hugh Guiney, Callum Austin, Irving Yang. Individual shooters: Aiden D’Souza, Emily Lockery. Team manager: Craig Fair.