Brooklyn came 2nd in both the Osmond Shield and Wright Cup matches held on Saturday night. The Wright Cup match was particularly close with only one point between Wellington Central and Brooklyn. Top Brooklyn shooters in each match were David Grain 99.7 and Anna Hooper 97.3. Thanks to Stephen Thessman and Craig Fair for ensuring the event ran very smoothly.
The Wellington secondary schools team finished in 2nd place behind Manawatu in the intercollegiate representative match held yesterday. Top Brooklyn shooter was Casey Israelson with 192.7.
New PBs were recorded yesterday by Callum Austin 96.3, Carl Whitehead 96.3 and Mike Williams 92.3 – it’s great to see the continual improvement from our first-year shooters.
Our higher graded shooters were back on form this week, particularly Evan Little with 396.21 (out of a possible 400.40) including two 100s. Evan had the highest 20-shot score of 197.15 this week, followed by Erin Little 196.13 and Meredith Ackrill 196.9. Evan also achieved the best Master Grade 10-shot score of 100.3, while David Grain was top shot in A Grade with 98.4. Erin Little’s 97.1 was highest in B Grade, and just to complete the family trifecta, Inge Little’s 96.3 was the top score in C Grade, ahead of Anna Hooper with 95.3. The best scores in D Grade this week were recorded by Carl Whitehead 96.3, Mike Williams 92.3, Chris Lockery 90.2 and Emily Lockery 90.1.
Grading return spreadsheets need to be forwarded to Meredith Ackrill as soon as possible after Sunday 30 September to enable her to compile the club return for forwarding to the national body by 10 October. Remember to not include any inners or practice cards, but all competition cards (including interclub, representative teams, closed champs, secondary school matches, etc) do need to be included. Please get your spreadsheet up to date now.
- Saturday 8 September, Wellington v Hutt Valley Women, 2pm, Keene Range, Petone, 1x10 + 1x20. Team: Meredith Ackrill, Erin Little. On call: Inge Little.
- Saturday 8 September, Wellington v Hutt Valley Open, 2pm, Keene Range, Petone, 1x10 + 1x20. Team: Meredith Ackrill, Evan Little, Erin Little, Inge Little. Emergencies: Wiko du Toit, Amalamo Simi. On call: Matthew Canlas.
- Sunday 9 September, Wellington v Waikato D Grade, 7.30pm, 2x10. Unfortunately there wasn’t enough interest expressed from D Graders to be able to form a team for this match.
- Friday 14 September, Wellington v Hutt Valley C Grade interclub winners, 7.30pm, 2x10. Team to be named next Monday.
- Friday 14 September, Wellington v Hutt Valley C Grade representative match, 7.30pm, 2x10. Team to be named next Monday.
- Saturday 15 September, Hawkes Bay Open Champs, Hastings.
- Wednesday 19 September, Final 10 of Wellington Closed Champs, 8.15pm, 1x20.
- Saturday 22 September, North Island Open Champs, Palmerston North.
- Sunday 23 September, North Island v Scotland Open and Junior match, Palmerston North.