A quieter day at the club yesterday. Top 10-shot score overall was recorded by Mark Riley 98.4, and Meredith Ackrill had the best 20-shot score of 198.12. Casey Israelson led C Grade with 96.4 while 2nd position was close between Inge Little 94.2 and Hamish Guthrey 94.1. The highest scores in D Grade this week were shot by Aiden D’Souza 92.2, Emily Lockery 92.2, Matthew Ault 91.2 and Nathan Chamberlain 90.0.
The closed champs competition has now been completed. Congratulations to Meredith Ackrill on winning Master Grade and the women’s competition, and to David Grain on winning A Grade. Also to Erin Little on her 2nd placing in the junior competition, and to 3rd placegetters in the grades Evan Little, Dianne Grain, Anna Hooper and Emily Lockery. Medals will be awarded at the WSRA prizegiving to 1st and 2nd placings in the grades, and trophies to the overall winner, the top woman and the top junior. The top 10 overall will compete in the Final 10 match on Wednesday 19 September.
Wellington lost against Hutt Valley in the open match on Saturday by 12 points (just one per team member). However the women scored a 21-point win (four points per team member) against the Hutt Valley women – well done! Top Brooklyn shooters in each match were Evan Little 291.14 and Erin Little 290.9.
Brooklyn had the highest number of new members out of all New Zealand clubs this year which has been recognised by TSNZ with an award of 1500 rounds of Eley Sport ammunition. Thanks to all our coaches and organisers involved with assisting our newer shooters.
The club is rostered for cleaning duties this month which will be undertaken on Sunday 23 September. Please bring mops, buckets, cleaning cloths, vacuum cleaners, brooms, etc. The more people involved the quicker the task will be accomplished.
The WSRA prizegiving dinner will be held on Saturday 13 October. Tickets will be available at the club in the next couple of weeks. And the BSRC prizegiving barbecue will be held on Sunday 11 November. Please add these dates to your calendar.
- Friday 14 September, Wellington v Hutt Valley C Grade interclub winners, 7pm, 2x10. Team: Anna Hooper, Hamish Guthrey, Inge Little (captain), Casey Israelson. On call: Amalamo Simi, Matthew Canlas, Qiyun Goh. Team manager: Evan Little.
- Friday 14 September, Wellington v Hutt Valley C Grade representative match, 7pm, 2x10. Team: Anna Hooper (captain), Hamish Guthrey, Inge Little, Casey Israelson, Amalamo Simi, Matthew Canlas, Qiyun Goh.
- Saturday 15 September, Hawkes Bay Open Champs, Hastings.
- Wednesday 19 September, Final 10 of Wellington Closed Champs, 8.15pm, 1x20: Meredith Ackrill, David Grain, Dianne Grain.
- Saturday 22 September, North Island Open Champs, Palmerston North.
- Sunday 23 September, North Island v Scotland Open and Junior match, Palmerston North.
- Sunday 23 September, cleaning duties. Please bring mops, buckets, cleaning cloths, vacuum cleaners, brooms, etc.
- Tuesday 25 September, Wellington v Hertfordshire, 7.30pm, 1x10 UK + 1x10 NZ. Team to be named next Monday.
- Monday 1 October, grading returns now due.
- Sunday 7 October, final club day for 2018 season.
- Monday 8 October, champion of champions match.
- Saturday 13 October, WSRA prizegiving dinner.
- Sunday 11 November, BSRC prizegiving barbecue.