The Wellington C Grade rep team lost to Hutt Valley on Friday night. However all Wellington interclub teams scored very close wins against their Hutt Valley counterparts. Inge Little recorded a new PB of 98.8 – well done! Inge Little and Anna Hooper were top shots for Wellington with 192.8 and 191.3 respectively.
Wellington finished in 9th place with an average of 289.125 in the Titipounamu match shot a few weeks ago. Waikato were the winners with an average of 294.125 ahead of Manawatu with 293.125.
The full results of the TSNZ Challenge competition are now available. Unfortunately all three teams from Wellington College and Samuel Marsden had at least one team member not complete their targets and hence have finished well down the ranking list.
In club shooting this week top shots were Master Grader Evan Little 98.6, two inners ahead of Meredith Ackrill. Erin Little scored best in B Grade with 95.4 ahead of Mark Riley on 94.2. Anna Hooper’s 96.3 was highest in C Grade followed by Inge Little with 93.1, and in D Grade Hugh Guiney 91.2 and Aiden D’Souza 84.1 scored best. Only four inners separated the best scores in the 20-shot competition (Evan Little 194.11 and Meredith Ackrill 194.7).
The club is rostered for cleaning duties this month which will be undertaken next Sunday. Please bring mops, buckets, cleaning cloths, vacuum cleaners, brooms, etc. The more people involved the quicker the task will be accomplished.
The WSRA prizegiving dinner will be held on Saturday 13 October. Tickets will be available at the club in the next couple of weeks. And the BSRC prizegiving barbecue will be held on Sunday 11 November. Please add these dates to your calendar.
- Wednesday 19 September, Final 10 of Wellington Closed Champs, 8.15pm, 1x20: Meredith Ackrill, David Grain, Dianne Grain.
- Saturday 22 September, North Island Open Champs, Palmerston North.
- Sunday 23 September, North Island v Scotland Open and Junior match, Palmerston North.
- Sunday 23 September, cleaning duties. Please bring mops, buckets, cleaning cloths, vacuum cleaners, brooms, etc.
- Tuesday 25 September, Wellington v Hertfordshire, 8.00pm + 8.30pm, 1x10 UK + 1x10 NZ. Team: Meredith Ackrill, Evan Little, Erin Little, Inge Little; emergency: Wiko du Toit; on call: Amalamo Simi, Matthew Canlas.
- Monday 1 October, grading returns now due.
- Sunday 7 October, final club day for 2018 season.
- Monday 8 October, champion of champions match.
- Saturday 13 October, WSRA prizegiving dinner.
- Sunday 11 November, BSRC prizegiving barbecue.