Congratulations to Jack Day on his new PB of 94.3, an increase of three points!
Meredith Ackrill scored highest in Master Grade yesterday with 99.5, three inners ahead of Bex Gibbs. In A Grade Evan Little’s 99.4 was best, followed by Mark Baines with 98.7. Dianne Grain achieved her first 100 this season in B Grade, while Erin Little also shot extremely well with 99.6. Casey Israelson led C Grade with 97.2 ahead of Inge Little with 93.3. And the top five D Graders this week were Ethan Haigh 95.4, Jack Day 94.3, Seth Smith 91.2, Clive Brodie and Jaz Hamilton both with 91.0. In the 20-shot competition, Bex Gibbs scored best with 198.14 ahead of Erin Little 197.10 and Meredith Ackrill 197.9.
Another excellent result for Brooklyn in Round 5 of the interclub competition, with both teams recording wins and their best team scores this season. With one round to go Brooklyn are leading C Grade, 2nd in B Grade, and 1st equal in Open Grade. The final round is being held on Wednesday 14 August.
Round 2 of the Triple S Champs results are now available. Casey Israelson is doing best from our club, in 12th place overall (out of 137 entries) and 6th place in C Grade. Round 3 results should be available shortly. The final round is a 20-shot card – in order to get in some practice on these, the first hour on club days for the next month will comprise 2x10 shot squads followed by 1x20 shot squad. The deadline for Round 4 is Sunday 1 September. Full results are available at https://www.bsrc.org.nz/index.php/ssc/56-new-zealand-secondary-schools-shooting-championship-sss-champs.
In the Wellington v Hutt Valley match on Saturday, Wellington women scored a 10-point win, Hutt Valley juniors were clear winners, and the Wellington B Grade team finished a mere point behind Hutt Valley. Top Brooklyn shooters in each competition were Meredith Ackrill, Cassie Truscott, and Erin Little.
Congratulations to Erin Little on her 6th placing in B Grade (out of 64 competitors) at the National Indoor Champs yesterday with a score of 392.19. Nationwide 224 took part in the champs.
A number of scores were not written onto the scoresheet yesterday. Please ensure EVERY score is recorded, write “groups” if a non-scoring card and “est” for closed champs estimations, and include “C” or “P” for competition or practice.
Thanks to our C and D Graders for completing the representative match non-availability form. This is the process to follow when receiving the monthly upcoming representative match email on the first day of each month – simply email me to say you are not available for a match or matches.
- Tuesday 6 August, 8pm, Titipounamu Match 1x10 + 1x20: Mark Baines, David Grain, Erin Little, Evan Little. Emergency: Dianne Grain.
- Friday 9 August, 6.30pm, social shoot.
- Saturday 10 August, Horowhenua Open Champs, Poroutawhao Range, Levin.
- Sunday 11 August, Round 1 Intercollegiate match, 2pm, Keene Range, Petone 1x10. Wellington College: Casey Israelson, Josh Whitehead, Finn Ashby, Jack Day. Marsden: Cassie Truscott, Emily Lockery. Tawa: Maia Lapointe.
- Sunday 11 August, deadline for Round 5 closed champs.
- Wednesday 14 August, Round 6 Interclub. 7.45pm C Grade v Melrose 1x10, 8.15pm B Grade v South Wellington 1x10, 8.45pm Open Grade v Melrose 1x20. Teams to be named Friday 9 August.
- Saturday 17 August, Interisland match, Keene Range, Petone. Open team: Bex Gibbs. Women’s team: Meredith Ackrill, Bex Gibbs.