The 2020 indoor shooting season begins on Sunday 1 March. It’s really encouraging to hear so many are coming back for another year, but please do let me know if you are NOT returning to shooting. This is particularly important if you are using club equipment, but also important to enable the scoreboard to be right for the start of the club competition.
We are hosting a social shoot for the 1st Karori Venturer group on Wednesday 26 February at 7.30pm. This is a large group and we still require a few more helpers. Set-up time is 7.15pm. Please let me know urgently if you are able to assist. Thanks to the many members who responded extremely quickly to last night’s email regarding this event.
Hard copies of the 2020 TSNZ membership form will be available at the club. Please complete the form, but don’t make payment online as the club collates all forms and fees and makes one bulk payment to TSNZ.
The four-week introduction to shooting programme will be held on the first four Sundays in March (1, 8, 15, 22) at 6.30pm. This is also a good opportunity for current members to get in some practice.
The committee have looked at various options to make it easier for members to complete the club competition, with the following result:
- full club competition shot within grading season, starting 5 April and finishing 27 September
- four series of five weeks, with the series commencing on 5 April, 24 May, 12 July and 30 August
- two weeks between series to enable dedicated training.
There will be a focus again this season on self-analysis with on-range coaching offered for the first two squads only each evening after the completion of the introduction programme. Shooters are encouraged to ask coaches questions off-range before, between and after their squads with a view to gaining a better understanding of how to score a good shot. Coaching material is also available on the coaching noticeboard. This season we would like to stop for 10 minutes between Squads 2 and 3 from 29 March onwards to have a chat about upcoming events and to offer coaching tips.
It was great to see members using club rifles last season take responsibility for keeping these in good condition by wiping with an oily rag before leaving each evening. Please continue to do so this season.
- Wednesday 26 February, 7.15pm set up, social shoot. Assistance required.
- Sundays from 1 to 22 March, 6.30pm, introduction programme.
- Sundays from 1 to 29 March, 7.30pm, club practice session for 2020 members.
- Friday 13 March, 7.30pm, WSRA AGM.
- Sunday 5 April, club competition commences.