Last week’s Update missed noting 20-shot scores. The highest score recorded was an impressive 197.9 shot by Mark Baines, followed by David Grain with 195.9.
This week’s top honours went to Meredith Ackrill with 197.13 which included 100.8, the first 100 shot at the club this season. Erin Little’s 196.11 was next best, ahead of Bex Gibbs with 195.7. Our shooters on rests continue to improve – Tiffany Kenyon scored highest with 88.0, two points ahead of mum, Natasha Kenyon. Scores were extremely close in D Grade this week, the top three being within inners of each other (Jack Day 91.3, Daniel Johnson 91.1, Josh Whitehead 91.1). In C Grade Cassie Truscott scored highest with a fantastic 96.3. Only inners separated the top two B Graders as well (Mark Baines 97.5, Stephen Thessman 97.2) and in the higher grades Meredith Ackrill’s 99.5 was best followed by Bex Gibbs and Evan Little both with 98.6.
A reminder to help out with setting up and/or putting away each evening, and also for those using club rifles to wipe them down with an oily rag before leaving.
It was decided at the WSRA AGM on Friday to increase the WSRA affiliation fees to $50 rather than $47.50. The BSRC subs will be confirmed at the club’s AGM but the Treasurer’s recommendation is they remain the same as last year.
- Sunday 22 March, 6.30pm, introduction programme followed by club practice session for 2020 members.
- Sunday 29 March, 6.30pm onwards, club practice session for 2020 members.
- Friday 27 March, deadline for Rees Scroll nominations.
- Saturday 4 April, Colyton Club Open Champs, Feilding.
- Sunday 5 April, 9.30am, Rees Scroll trials, 2x20.
- Sunday 5 April, club competition commences.
- Saturday 11 April, Bulls Club Open Champs, Palmerston North.