Congratulations to Steven Jia and Wynter Tickle on recording new PBs of 93.3 and 91.1 respectively. Top D Graders this week were Steven Jia 93.3, followed by Finn Ashby, Daniel Johnson and Wynter Tickle all with 91.1. Clive Brodie finished two inners ahead of Megan Brodie in C Grade (98.4 and 98.2 respectively). Mark Riley scored best in B Grade with 97.5, ahead of Stephen Thessman 96.4 and Craig Fair 96.3. And David Grain took top honours overall with 99.4. Meredith Ackrill’s 197.11 was highest in the 20-shot competition, followed by Megan Brodie achieving 195.9 on her first-ever 20-shot target.
Brooklyn had byes in all grades for Round 3 of the interclub competition held on Wednesday. In the C Grade match, Melrose scored a two-point win against Wellington Central, as well as gaining two bonus points. Wellington Central were successful, however, in the Open Grade match, winning by the narrowest of margins – one inner. At the halfway point, Brooklyn are leading C Grade and B Grade, while Wellington Central lead the Open Grade.
The Teams of Five match for B Grade and below was held on Thursday. Congratulations to Mark Baines on recording an excellent score of 397.22. The team total was higher than in four of the past five years. Full results will be available in early October.
In the final round of the local Hutt Valley and Wellington secondary schools match, top shots for Queen Margaret College and Samuel Marsden were Megan Brodie and Cassie Truscott respectively. Congratulations to both on their selection to the Wellington secondary schools team to compete against Manawatu next Sunday.
We’re certainly in a busy part of the season, even busier than usual with the calendar having been condensed due to lockdown. However the number of matches will ease up considerably in September. Thanks to everyone for their availability for various teams, and to those who are advising their unavailability prior to the opt-out deadline. Please continue to do this for the remaining matches.
Brooklyn are hosting Round 4 of the interclub competition on Sunday. Please compact your equipment as much as possible to allow space for visiting teams (12 shooters). There will be club squads between the interclub squads, and club members are also welcome to shoot on interclub squads if they wish.
Good luck to our teams competing in the Wright Cup and Osmond Shield matches on Saturday. This is probably the most interesting and hotly contested club competition on the calendar. The Wright Cup match comprises teams of six shooters (all C and D Graders) with the best five scores counting, and the Osmond Shield match comprises teams of eight shooters (only four of whom can be A Grade or Master Grade) with all scores counting.
- Saturday 29 August, 7.30pm: Osmond Shield, 1x10. Team (in shooting order): Craig Fair, Casey Israelson, Mark Riley, Clive Brodie, Megan Brodie, Stephen Thessman, David Grain, Meredith Ackrill. On call: Dianne Grain.
- Saturday 29 August, 7.45pm: Wright Cup, 1x10. Team (in shooting order): Jack Day, Finn Ashby, Jaz Hamilton, Hamish Guthrey, Clive Brodie, Megan Brodie. On call: Josh Whitehead. Equipment manager/coach: Mark Robinson.
- Sunday 30 August, 2.00pm: Triangular secondary schools match, 2x10. Wellington team: Megan Brodie, Cassie Truscott.
- Sunday 30 August, Round 2 interclub: 7.45pm C Grade v Wn Central, 8.15pm B Grade v Wn Central, 8.45pm Open Grade v Wn Central. Teams named Thursday 27 August.
- Wednesday 2 September, 8.00pm + 8.40pm: Interassociation Juniors, 2x10. Team named Friday 28 August.
- Wednesday 2 September, 8.15pm: Interassociation Open Grade, 1x20. Team named Friday 28 August.
- Saturday 5 September, 2.00pm: Triangular Open Match, Keene Range, Petone, 1x10 + 1x20. Team named Friday 28 August.
- Saturday 5 September, 2.00pm: Wellington v Hutt Women’s match, Keene Range, Petone, 1x10 + 1x20. Team named Friday 28 August.
- Sunday 6 September, Round 4 Triple S deadline, 1x20.