Congratulations to Cassie Truscott and Jack Day on recording new 20-shot PBs yesterday (189.5 and 182.3 respectively). It was great to see so many of our shooters having a go at a 20-shot target.
Ryan Hutchings was best on the rest this week, scoring a new PB of 90.2. Top shots in D Grade were Steven Jia and Daniel Johnson, both with 92.2. Inge Little’s 98.4 was the best C Grade score, ahead of Clive Brodie with 96.4. In B Grade Mark Riley shot highest with 97.5 followed by Dianne Grain with 96.3. Top shot in A Grade was Erin Little with 96.4, and Evan Little made up the “Little Family Trifecta” with 100.6 in Master Grade. Evan’s 198.13 was the best 20-shot score, ahead of Meredith Ackrill 196.10 and Erin Little 196.8.
The last of the interassociation matches were held on Wednesday, with both the Open Grade and Juniors achieving their best scores for a number of years. Top shot in the Open match was Becky Baines 198.14 a mere inner ahead of Mark Baines 198.13, and Cassie Truscott’s 194.7 was 3rd highest in the junior match. Full results will be available next month.
The Triangular Open match (between Hutt Valley, Wairarapa and Wellington) was held on Saturday. Wellington achieved a good 21-point win, Hutt Valley were 2nd and Wairarapa 3rd. At the same time, the Wellington v Hutt Valley women’s match was held, with Wellington again securing the win. Meredith Ackrill was top shot in the women’s match and 2nd highest in the Triangular match with 297.19.
The North Island Champs are being held in Palmerston North on Friday 18 and Saturday 19 September. This is the final open champs on the 2020 calendar. If you wish to compete and are using club equipment, please ensure you discuss transportation with a senior member at the club next Sunday.
A reminder to ensure your Excel spreadsheet is up to date and ready to return to Meredith Ackrill as soon as possible after 27 September in order to collate and forward to TSNZ. All competition scores need to be included (club, interclub, closed champs, representative, schools, open champs, etc) but only whole numbers, not inners. The club season will continue until Sunday 25 October.
- Wednesday 9 September, Round 5 interclub: 7.45pm C Grade v Melrose, 1x10: Clive Brodie, Megan Brodie, Inge Little (captain), Cassie Truscott; emergency: Hamish Guthrey. B Grade have a bye. 8.45pm Open Grade v Melrose, 1x20: Meredith Ackrill, Becky Baines, Mark Baines, Erin Little (captain); emergency: Evan Little.
- Saturday 19 September, North Island Open Champs, Palmerston North.
- Sunday 20 September, Rounds 5+6 closed champs deadline.
- Monday 21 September, Round 6 interclub: 8.15pm B Grade only (C Grade and Open Grade have byes). Team named Thursday 17 September.
- Wednesday 23 September, Wellington v Waikato D Grade, 7.45pm, 2x10. Team named Friday 18 September.