Our new shooters on the rest continue to improve. This week Analin Sae-Jiw's 91.0 was the top shot, followed by Kate Yu's 87.0. Josh Whitehead's 92.3 led D grade ahead of a 91.2 by Wynter Tickle. Finn Ashby and Jaz Hamilton tied for top of C grade, both shooting 94.1. The tough competition continues in B grade. Stephen Thessman's 99.5 led by a point over Cassie Truscott's 98.4. David Grain led the higher grades with a 99.4 followed by Meredith Ackrill's 98.6.
A reminder that 9 and 16 May are break weeks in the club competition. Club competition
scores can be found on the Brooklyn website (https://www.bsrc.org.nz/ index.php/2015-04-27-07-32-48/ 10-shot) and the scoreboard at the back of the range, so check to see if you're up-to-date. By popular request, next week will feature a 90 second shoot, in which shooters attempt to shoot the ten counting shots of a 10 shot target within 90 seconds. This is a good way to practice shooting quickly and under pressure, while having some fun!
The first round of the National District Champs was held on Thursday. Wellington was in for a challenge with a double header against Manawatu and Eastern Force, teams who are consistently top of the table. We rose to the challenge, with the Open and Composite teams beating Eastern Force to gain a total win of 10 points and the Composite team beating Manawatu to gain 4 points against their total 10. Meredith Ackrill was the top shot for the Open team and Wellington overall, scoring 298.20. Stephen Thessman and Erin Little were joint top shots in the Composite team, both scoring 297.16. For Stephen this included a new 20 shot PB of 198.10 - congratulations! Cassie Truscott was top shot from Brooklyn in the Junior team, scoring 190.7.
Wellington v Horowhenua:
On Sunday before club shooting, 9 Brooklyn members attended the Wellington v Horowhenua shoot in Levin. Wellington had a convincing win with the 10-person team scoring 97 points higher than Horowhenua. Bex Baines was top shot with a total score of 397.15.
- Wednesday 5 May, Interclub Round 1. C Grade, 7.45pm, Finn Ashby, Jack Day, Hamish Guthrey (captain), Jaz Hamilton; on call: Graham Tickle. B Grade, 8.15pm, Clive Brodie, Mark Riley, Stephen Thessman (captain), Cassie Truscott; on call: Dianne Grain. Open Grade, 8.45pm, Meredith Ackrill, Bex Baines, Erin Little, Evan Little (captain); on call: Stephen Thessman.
- Saturday 8 May, Wellington Central Open Champs, Royal Tiger Range.
- Saturday 15 May, Teams of Ten, Palmerston North. Team 1: Bex Baines, Meredith Ackrill, Erin Little, Stephen Thessman, David Grain, Evan Little. Team 2: Mark Baines, Cassie Truscott, Mark Riley, Dianne Grain, Inge Little.
- Sunday 16 May, Closed Champs Round 1 due.
- Thursday 20 May, 7.30pm, NDC Round 2. (Teams named Friday 14 May)
- Saturday 22 May, Poroutawhao Open Champs.