It was another successful evening for our D Graders last night. Ellie Mazey's 95.3 led ahead of Kate Yu's 95.2 and Analin Rudd and Ewan Mirza both with 94.2. In C Grade, Finn Ashby's 97.4 put him one point higher than Jaz Hamilton's 96.1. Stephen Thessman scored highest in B Grade with 97.6 ahead of a flurry of 95s by Dianne Grain, Inge Little, and Mark Riley. Evan Little led A Grade with 98.5 followed by David Grain's 97.4. David followed up with a 198.13 to have the highest 20 shot of the night, ahead of Erin Little's 197.8.
Round 5 of the NDC competition was shot on Thursday night. It was a tough match against second placed Hutt Valley, but Wellington managed to record a win in the composite section. This was enough to retain our third placing and secure a spot in the semi-finals. Top shot from Brooklyn in the Open team was Meredith Ackrill with 295.21. Top shot from Brooklyn in the Composite team was Stephen Thessman with 291.12. Top shot from Brooklyn in the Junior team was Ben Dunning with 192.7. Congratulations also to Jaz Hamilton, who scored a commendable 292.12 for his first time in the team. This included a new 20 shot PB of 194.8!
Manawatu Open Champs
Meredith Ackrill travelled to Palmerston North on Saturday to compete in the Manawatu Open with great success. She won A Grade with a score of 298.17. She then shot in the Final 10, scoring 199.11 to place 3rd overall - congratulations!
Results for Round 4 of the Closed Champs competitions have been published. It's a close competition in all grades, with Brooklyn shooters fighting hard to hold on to their placings. Current standouts are:
- Bex Baines: 2nd Womens, 3rd Master Grade
- Meredith Ackrill: 3rd A Grade
- Cassie Truscott: 3rd B Grade
- Jaz Hamilton: 2nd C Grade
- Josh Whitehead: 3rd D Grade
- Megan Brodie: 2nd Juniors (with a score of 100.9, a new PB, this round - congratulations!)
A reminder of the competition rules, for those who may not know: targets must be shot on the shooter's official club night. For Brooklyn members, this means Sundays. Please keep an eye on the dates that each round is due by. It may be a good idea to shoot the rounds a week in advance so that you are not disadvantaged by unforeseen circumstances such as illness. Round 5 is due on Sunday 8 August.
The results for Round 2 of the Secondary Schools Shooting Championship have been published, and some Brooklyn members are doing exceptionally well. Megan Brodie scored another 100.6 to have a running total of 200.12, maintaining her A Grade lead and moving her into top spot overall. Cassie Truscott is currently leading B Grade by three inners. The Wellington College team have maintained their spot in 14th place while the Marsden team have dropped to 21st. Round 3 is due by Sunday 15 August.
- Wednesday 28 July, C Grade Interassociation match, 8.00pm: Jaz Hamilton.
- Wednesday 28 July, A Grade Interassociation match, 8.15pm: Meredith Ackrill, Erin Little. Emergency: Evan Little.
- Saturday 31 July, Levin Open Champs, Levin.
- Sunday 1 August, Wgtn v Waikato D Grade, 7.45pm: Analn Rudd, Kate Yu. Emergency: Chris Dunning.
- Monday 2 August, Interclub Round 5. C Grade v Melrose, 7.45pm. B Grade v Wellington Central, 8.15pm. Open Grade v Melrose, 8.45pm (teams will be named Friday 30 July).
- Saturday 7 August, Triangular B Grade, 2.00pm (team will be named Thursday 29 July).
- Saturday 7 August, Triangular Juniors, 2.00pm (team will be named Thursday 29 July).
- Saturday 7 August, Triangular Women, 2.00pm (team will be named Thursday 29 July).
- Sunday 8 August, Closed Champs Round 5 due.
- Sunday 15 August, Round 1 of the Wellington & Hutt Valley Secondary Schools Smallbore Rifle Shooting Competition at the Keene Range, Halford Place, Petone (all college students)
- Sunday 29 August, Round 2 of the Wellington & Hutt Valley Secondary Schools Smallbore Rifle Shooting Competition at the Assn Range, 131 Russell Tce., Newtown (all college students)