It was an exceptional week at club shooting with seven 100s being shot (Pratik Tailor x3, Meredith Ackrill x2, Dianne Grain, and Evan Little). Pratik had a phenomenal night, scoring 499.37! Jialin Sae-Jiw was ever so close to getting her first ever 100, just testing out on the last shot to score 99.2, and Dianne Grain's last shot on her 100.9 tested out for the final inner. Andrea Tuohy continues to improve, this week shooting 98.5.
Top shooter in the college training squad was August Gould with 93.4, followed closely by Alex Hill 93.1. New shooters Hamish Guthrey and Ollie Tuohy both shot well, recording 93.2 and 90.1 respectively. Neakiry Kivi led D Grade with 96.3 and 93.3. In C Grade Stephen Thessman was highest with 97.2 and Greg Mason shot 95.3 to be next best. Sergey Kladnitski's 93.4 was the best B Grade score shot this week. It was extremely close in A Grade with Jess Fair shooting 99.5, while David Grain and Ross Little both shot 99.4. And Meredith's 100.7 was the best 10-shot score in Master Grade this week, followed by Pratik's 100.6. In the 20-shot competition Pratik was top shooter with 200.15 and 199.16, while Michael Grain shot 198.13 and Evan Little scored 198.10.
The club championship in both Master Grade and A Grade is very close, with only one point separating Michael Grain and Pratik Tailor in Master Grade, and David Grain and Ross Little in A Grade. With only one 10-shot card to go to determine the graded champions, it's still anyone's game.
Six Brooklyn members travelled to Palmerston North on Saturday to compete in the North Island Open Champs. David Grain shot best (394.18) and finishing 6th in A Grade, closely followed by Evan Little (394.14) and Pratik Tailor (393.22).
If you know anyone looking to hire a large indoor area with sprung floor, ideal for sports training, band practice, theatre production, dancing, etc, on a casual or regualr basis, please contact Evan. The Bell Road facility is available week days, evenings and weekends.
A reminder to ensure your grading spreadsheets are up to date. All competition cards shot between 1 April and 30 September need to be recorded (don't record inners). Club scores can be found on our website, interclub and representative scores were emailed out after each match, open champs scores can be found on either the WSRA website or the TSNZ website.
The WSRA prizegiving dinner is being held on Saturday 11 October. Family and friends are welcome to attend. Tickets are $30 each for the catered two-course dinner and dessert. Please order tickets at the club in the next few weeks. Trophies, medals and representative badges and date bars will be awarded on this night.
And the BSRC prizegiving barbecue will be held at Craig Fair's house, from 4.30pm onwards on Sunday 12 October. All welcome. Please bring meat and drinks.
- Wednesday 24 September: Final 10, Wellington Closed Champs, 8.15pm (1x20): Michael Grain, David Grain, Meredith Ackrill, Evan Little, Jess Fair, Ross Little, Sergey Kladnitski.
- Friday 26 to Sunday 28 September: Interisland secondary schools match, Rangiora. Wellington College: Callum Osborne, Stephen Thessman, Alex Hill. Samuel Marsden: Jialin Sae-Jiw, Neakiry Kivi, Jamie Yee.
- Sunday 5 October: Final 2014 season club day.
- Wednesday 8 October: Champion of Champions match. Shooters involved to be named Monday 6 October.
- Saturday 11 October: WSRA prizegiving dinner, 6.30pm, tickets $30 each. Family and friends welcome to attend.
- Sunday 12 October: BSRC prizegiving barbecue, 4.30pm, Craig Fair's house. Family and friends welcome to attend. Please bring meat for the barbecue and BYO drinks.