Ever wondered what it would be like to be left-handed (if you’re right-handed) or vice versa? Meredith and Jess decided to give it a go using each other’s equipment for the last day of the season. Both very quickly realised it was not going to be easy, and probably wouldn’t have been easy moving to each other’s rifles even if they were both right-handed or left-handed as their settings were vastly different as well. Finally after much banter the cards were shot with Meredith’s 87.1 finishing well ahead of Jess’s score. Possibly that’s an experiment that won’t be repeated again.
Congratulations to Logan Brantley on his new PB of 96.3 – fantastic shooting!
Looking at the scoreboard, it’s great that so many members have turned up regularly and completed the club competition. The club’s prizegiving is being held next Sunday at 4.30pm – further details to be emailed during the week.
In club shooting this week, new shooter Phil Luke was “best on the rest” with very impressive scores of 91.2 and 90.3. The top five in D Grade were Logan Brantley 96.3, Hamish Guthrey 94.3, Rhys Mountain 92.2, Matthew Canlas 92.1 and Leilani Fam 90.0. Neakiry Kivi was highest in C Grade with 95.4, and Craig Fair topped B Grade with 97.5. It was very close in the 20-shot competition with Pratik Tailor finishing best with 198.13, very closely followed by Evan Little on 198.10.
The club’s shooting season has now finished and we’ll start again in March. It’s been a good year for the club, with a large number of members, many of whom have participated in representative shooting. Quite a few will be moving up a grade while some will move up two grades – well done!
The final day to order tickets for the Wellington Association prizegiving on Saturday 10 October is Wednesday. Tickets will be distributed on your arrival on Saturday. The doors are open from 6pm, with dinner being served at 6.30pm. BYO drinks. Trophies, medals, and Wellington representative badges and date bars will be awarded at this event. Please advise how many tickets you would like ($30 each) so that numbers can be determined for catering purposes. Friends and family are welcome to attend.
And please remember to order your tickets for the centenary dinner on Saturday 17 October at The Pines.
- Wednesday 7 October, Champion of Champions match, 8.00pm C/D Grades 1x10, 8.20pm M/A/B Grades 1x20. Champions:Pratik Tailor, Dianne Grain, Callum Osborne, Neil Maddever, Ollie Tuohy.
- Saturday 10 October, WSRA prizegiving dinner, 6.00pm, tickets $30. Awards evening for trophies, medals and Wellington representative badges and date bars.
- Sunday 11 October, BSRC club prizegiving. Details to be advised.
- Saturday 17 October, BSRC Centenary Dinner, The Pines, Houghton Bay, 6.30pm, tickets $45. All past and present members, as well as family members are invited to attend.
- Wednesday 2 December, social shoot.