The highlight this week has to be our own Brooklyn Centenary Open Champs. Many thanks to Ursula Egan and Inge Little for running the kitchen so efficiently, to Mark Robinson for taking so many fantastic photos (check them out on our Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/brooklynsrc/), and to Alex Woodwark, Yogesh Tailor and the large number of club members who all assisted with ensuring the day ran smoothly. There were many favourable comments received regarding the new club jackets, the history booklet and the commemorative medals. Thanks also to Karori Auto Services for sponsoring the booklet printing. Congratulations to Nicoli Yamog and Summer O’Dwyer on shooting new PBs at these champs (95.2 and 99.6 respectively), and to the following placegetters:
- Michael Grain, 2nd Master Grade (298.21) and 2nd overall (497.33)
- Callum Osborne, 2nd B Grade (291.12)
- Summer O’Dwyer, 1st C Grade (293.16) and 2nd D Grade (288.08)
- Stephen Thessman, 2nd C Grade (285.07)
- Erin Little, 3rd C Grade (284.11)
- Ollie Tuohy, 3rd D Grade (279.04).
In club shooting yesterday, Pratik Tailor shot the best 20-shot score (197.12) and the best Master Grade score of 100.9. Top A Grade shooter was Jess Fair with 99.8 followed by Evan Little on 99.5. Craig Fair recorded the highest score in B Grade (96.1), and Stephen Thessman’s 98.2 was the top C Grade score. The best five scores in D Grade this week were Summer O’Dwyer 99.3, Ollie Tuohy 96.5, Luisa Kristen 96.3, Ben Cox 94.3 and Georgia Karantze 91.1. Inge Little’s 87.2 was the “best on the rest” score this week.
The B Grade Interassociation match was held on Wednesday, and the top Brooklyn shooter was Callum Osborne with 195.08. Full results from all associations will be available at the end of the season.
Next Sunday (2 August) the National Indoor Champs are being held at various ranges around the country, including the Royal Tiger Range. So come along to shooting a little earlier next week and give it a go. $20 entry fee, cash prizes in all grades (from $100 to $145) for the top three placings in each grade. Help will also be needed with target changing, marking and range officering, so please assist wherever you can.
Our college shooting coordinators are busy organising their teams of six for the local Wellington and Hutt Valley intercollegiate match which is being held in two rounds on Sunday 9 August and Sunday 23 August, with the top 12 shooters from Wellington then forming the Wellington secondary schools team to shoot against Waikato, Manawatu, Hutt Valley and Marlborough the following weekend. This is always a great match, thoroughly enjoyed by all those taking part, particularly as it is one of the few opportunities to compete face to face with other colleges.
August is always a very busy month on the shooting calendar. Please ensure you keep up to date with closed champs and Triple S deadlines. The Eley Challenge targets (2x10) are also ready to be shot – deadline mid-August.
A reminder that the club centenary dinner is being held on Saturday 17 October at The Pines, Houghton Bay (cost $45 per person). Please add this date to your diaries. Tickets will be available closer to the time.
- Tuesday 28 July, Interassociation Women’s match, 8.15pm. Team: Meredith Ackrill, Dianne Grain, Jess Fair. Emergency: Andrea Tuohy. On call: Summer O’Dwyer, Erin Little. Team manager: David Grain.
- Wednesday 29 July, Interclub. C Grade, 1x10, 7.45pm: Summer O’Dwyer, Neil Maddever, Ollie Tuohy, Stephen Thessman (captain). B Grade, 1x10, 8.15pm: Neil Maddever, Andrea Tuohy (captain), Ollie Tuohy, Callum Osborne.
- Saturday 1 August, Triangular B, Juniors and Women’s matches, 7pm onwards, 2x10. B Grade team: Summer O’Dwyer, Callum Osborne, Stephen Thessman, Erin Little, emergencies: Craig Fair, Neakiry Kivi, on call: Luisa Kristen, Ben Cox, Phil Cox. Junior team: Jess Fair, Summer O’Dwyer, Callum Osborne, Stephen Thessman, Erin Little, emergencies: Neakiry Kivi, Luisa Kristen, on call: Ben Cox, Matthew Canlas. Women’s team: Meredith Ackrill, Dianne Grain, Jess Fair, emergencies: Summer O’Dwyer, Erin Little, on call: Neakiry Kivi, Luisa Kristen. PLEASE BRING A PLATE OF FOOD FOR SUPPER.
- Sunday 2 August, National Indoor Champs, 1.00pm-5.00pm, Royal Tiger Range.
- Sunday 2 August, Triple S Round 3 deadline.
- Sunday 2 August, Eley Challenge secondary schools match, 2x10, shot at club.
- Wednesday 5 August, Interassociation D Grade match, 8.00pm. Team #1: Summer O’Dwyer, Ollie Tuohy. Team #2: Luisa Kristen, Georgia Karantze, Ben Cox, Phil Cox. Emergency: Matthew Canlas.
- Thursday 6 August, NDC Semi-final. Team named next Sunday.