There were some incredibly good scores shot in D Grade this week, the top six shooters being Georgia Karantze 99.5, Wiko du Toit 98.7, Oscar Robinson 98.5, Sarah May 95.2, Inge Little 93.1, and Daniel Mackey 93.1. Mark Riley top-scored in C Grade with 98.4, while Summer O’Dwyer did one inner better to lead B Grade this week with 98.5, and in the higher grades, Meredith Ackrill was top shot with 99.6. It was close in the 20-shot competition with only a point separating the top four - Dianne Grain had the best score of 197.7, while Meredith Ackrill, Craig Fair and David Grain all scored 196s.
The 2016 Triple S results have been finalised. Congratulations to Summer O’Dwyer – the 2016 Triple S champion – with a great score of 491.24. Summer is also the B Grade champion. Congratulations also to Georgia Karantze – the 2016 D Grade champion. Top 10 placings in D Grade were also achieved by Wiko du Toit (6th) and Oscar Robinson (8th). In the teams competition, Marsden finished in 4th place, only a point behind the 3rd placegetters, and Wellington College came 6th.
The WSRA Closed Champs results are attached. Brooklyn shooters were prominent in the top three positions in many grades, as follows:
- Master Grade 2nd Meredith Ackrill
- A Grade 1st Dianne Grain, 2nd David Grain
- B Grade 1st Summer O’Dwyer
- D Grade 1st Georgia Karantze, 2nd Wiko du Toit
- Women 1st Dianne Grain, 2nd Meredith Ackrill, 3rd Summer O’Dwyer
- Juniors 1st Summer O’Dwyer, 2nd Georgia Karantze, 3rd Jess Fair
The top 10 in the closed champs competition will now compete in the Final 10 match, being held on Monday 19 September, to determine the 2016 WSRA Closed Champs Champion. Brooklyn shooters involved in the Final 10 are Dianne Grain, Meredith Ackrill, Summer O’Dwyer, David Grain and Georgia Karantze.
Scores were a little lower than in previous years in the Wellington v Hertfordshire match shot last Wednesday. Top Brooklyn shooter was Summer O’Dwyer with 196.6. Craig Fair and Wiko du Toit scored new PBs of 100.8 and 99.4 respectively in this match, while Georgia Karantze shot the perfect 100 on UK targets. Hertfordshire results will be received early in the new year.
On Saturday the Wellington v Hutt Valley Open and Women’s matches were shot at the Keene Range in Petone, with both Wellington teams winning their matches. Top shot in the women’s match was Summer O’Dwyer with 296.17, and Evan Little was top shot in the open match with 297.18.
The D Grade representative match was held between Wellington and Waikato last night, with Waikato achieving an excellent 86-point win. Georgia Karantze shot best for Wellington with 195.10.
We are responsible for range and social area cleaning this month, which will be undertaken at 5.45pm on Sunday 25 September. Please bring mops, buckets, cleaning cloths and vacuum cleaners.
The outdoor shooting season will commence on Saturday 8 October at the Allen Range in Trentham from 9am until approximately 12.30pm. The distance is 50m and shooters contend with sun, mirage, wind, and stamina as matches comprise 60 shots plus unlimited sighters. If you are interested in having a go, please contact David Grain (email@example.com) for further information.
The interclub winners match, and the Wellington C Grade representative match, are being held on Friday. The open interclub match comprises 1x20, while the other matches comprise 2x10. This is a self-squadded match with the only designated squad being for the open interclub event. Shooters involved in more than one team have their same scores count for each event they are in, and therefore shoot a maximum of 2x10. Could those involved in these matches please bring a small plate of food for supper.
- Friday 16 September, Wellington v Hutt Valley C Grade, self-squadding from 7pm, 2x10. Team: Amalamo Simi, Erin Little, Georgia Karantze, Inge Little, Mark Riley, Neakiry Kivi, Wiko du Toit. Emergencies: Sarah May, Matthew Canlas. On call: George Egerton. Please bring a small plate for supper.
- Friday 16 September, C Grade interclub winners, Brooklyn v Wainuiomata, self-squadding from 7pm, 2x10. Team: Wiko du Toit, Georgia Karantze, Mark Riley (captain), Hamish Guthrey. On call: Oscar Robinson.
- Friday 16 September, B Grade interclub winners, Brooklyn v Petone Central, self-squadding from 7pm, 2x10. Team: Summer O’Dwyer, Craig Fair (captain), Callum Osborne, Wiko du Toit. On call: Georgia Karantze.
- Friday 16 September, Open Grade interclub winners, Brooklyn, v Wainuiomata, 1x20. Team: Meredith Acrkill, David Grain, Evan Little (captain), Dianne Grain. On call: Summer O’Dwyer.
- Monday 19 September, Final 10 Wellington Closed Champs, 8.15pm, 1x20: Dianne Grain, Meredith Ackrill, Summer O’Dwyer, David Grain, Georgia Karantze.
- Saturday 24 September, North Island Open Champs, Palmerston North.
- Sunday 25 September, 5.45pm, cleaning.