Congratulations to Callum Osborne on scoring a new PB this week of 100.4 – his first ever 100, well done! And fantastic to have Summer O’Dwyer back on form with her first 100 of the season (100.7). Evan Little also scored a 100.
It’s great to see the continual climb in scores as the season progresses. The top six D Graders this week were Anna 96.4, Qiyun Goh 96.3, Matthew Canlas 95.6, Jack MacCormick 93.0, Connor Smith 92.3 and Casey Israelson 92.0. In C Grade the competition was very close – top shot was Erin Little with 96.5, followed an inner behind by Hamish Guthrey and Inge Little; Greg Mason and Luisa Kristen also shot well with 95.2 and 94.4 respectively. Callum Osborne’s 100.4 was best in B Grade, ahead of Craig Fair with a 97.3. And in the top grades Summer O’Dwyer’s 100.7 was highest, followed by Evan Little’s 100.5 and Dianne Grain’s 99.5. Only inners separated the top three in the 20-shot competition this week with Meredith Ackrill and Evan Little both scoring 196.11 while David Grain scored 196.7.
Wellington had a very good win against Marlborough in the final of the round robin part of the NDC competition on Thursday night, with wins in each of the three sections. Pratik Tailor was top shot with 299.20; Evan Little was only a point behind on 298.14. Oscar Robinson’s 193.10 was best in the junior section. All three gained mentions in the national summary report. The 13 points gained from the win move Wellington to 2nd position in the table, behind Eastern Force. In what looks like a very close contest, Wellington will face Southland in the semis on 10 August.
A number of club members travelled to Palmerston North on Saturday for the Manawatu Open Champs. While none gained a top three placing, Evan Little recorded a great score of 297.13.
Nominations are sought for the following upcoming August representative matches (by emailing Neil Kinsey):
- Tuesday 1 August, 8pm, Interassociation Juniors, 2x10.
- Saturday 5 August, 2pm, Triangular B Grade between Hutt Valley, Wairarapa and Wellington, 2x10.
- Saturday 5 August, 2pm, Triangular Women’s match, 2x10.
- Saturday 5 August, 2pm, Triangular Junior match, 2x10.
- Monday 7 August, 8pm, Titipounamu match for A Grade and below, 1x10, 1x20.
- Thursday 10 August, 7.30pm, Round 5 NDC. Involves shooters from all grades, 1x10 and 1x20 (open and composite sections) or 2x10 (junior section).
- Tuesday 22 August, 8pm, Teams of Five for B Grade and below, 2x20.
- Saturday 26 August, 2pm at Keene Range Petone, Triangular Open match, 1x10, 1x20.
The National Indoor Champs are being held on Sunday 6 August. These champs are shot at a number of venues throughout New Zealand, with scores emailed to the organisers. Wellington Association are one of the hosts for the champs, and will run the event from 1pm until 4.30pm, with doors opening at approximately 12.30pm. This year will see the introduction of medals in addition to the usual excellent prize money.
- July, TSNZ Challenge for secondary schools. Wellington College #1: Oscar Robinson, Wiko du Toit, Amalamo Simi. Wellington College #2: Casey Israelson, Matthew Canlas, Jack MacCormick. Marsden #1: Georgia Karantze, Luisa Kristen, Qiyun Goh. Marsden #2: Leilani Fam, Amy Nathanson, Georgia Beatson.
- Wednesday 26 July, Interassociation Women’s match, 8.15pm, 1x20. Team: Meredith Ackrill, Dianne Grain. Emergency: Erin Little.
- Sunday 30 July, Round 5 interclub, C Grade and Open Grade.
- Tuesday 1 August, 8pm, 2x10, Interassociation Junior match. Team TBC.
- Saturday 5 August, 2pm, 2x10, Triangular B Grade, Junior and Women’s matches, against Hutt Valley and Wairarapa. Teams TBC.
- Sunday 6 August, 1pm, National Indoor Champs.
- Sunday 6 August, Round 3 Triple S deadline.