Two “fun shoots” were held yesterday, the first being an outdoor finals format won by Ethan Haigh, and the second being the very popular 90-second match, won by Yiannis Fam.
Best on the rest this week was Jo Lockery with 87.2. The top five D Graders were Anna 98.5, Amy Nathanson 96.4, Qiyun Goh 94.2, Ethan Haigh 93.2 (new PB) and Casey Israelson 93.1. Only inners separated our top two C Graders this week (Oscar Robinson 99.7 and Erin Little 99.4). Wiko du Toit led B Grade with 99.3 followed by Callum Osborne on 97.4. Dianne Grain had the best A Grade score of 99.5, and Pratik Tailor led Master Grade with 99.9. Pratik also had the best 20-shot score of 197.13, ahead of Meredith Ackrill with 196.12.
Congratulations to Oscar Robinson on being the overall winner of the 2017 Triple S Champs as well as winning the C Grade section. Oscar scored a very commendable 196.12 in the final round to finish five points ahead of his nearest rival. Also congratulations to our Wellington College team (Oscar Robinson, Wiko du Toit, Amalamo Simi, Matthew Canlas and Yiannis Fam) on finishing in 3rd position in the teams event. Wiko du Toit was unlucky to miss a placing in the B Grade competition, finishing in 4th position by a mere two inners. Amy Nathanson was best Brooklyn shooter in the D Grade section, finishing 7th, followed by Matthew Canlas and Qiyun Goh in 8th and 9th places.
In a very close match on Wednesday with only one point separating the two teams, Brooklyn lost to Wellington Central in the open interclub shoot-off. Top shot for Brooklyn was Pratik Tailor with 199.15.
Wellington were successful against Hutt Valley in both the open match and the women’s match. Evan Little recorded an excellent 299.21 to be top shot on the day, while Meredith Ackrill’s 295.16 was the best in the women’s match.
In the Wellington v Waikato D Grade match shot last night, Waikato won by 11 points (out of 2000). Anna was top Brooklyn shooter with 190.7 closely followed by Amy Nathanson with 190.5.
The final round of the Wellington closed champs has now been completed. Congratulations to the following Brooklyn medal winners:
- Meredith Ackrill – 2nd Master Grade 584.23 and top woman
- Evan Little – 1st A Grade 592.30
- Dianne Grain – 2nd A Grade 581.22
- Callum Osborne – 1st B Grade 584.24
- Oscar Robinson – 1st C Grade 586.29 and top junior
- Erin Little – 2nd C Grade 580.24
- Anna – 1st D Grade 562.18
The top 10 overall will compete in the final shoot-off on Tuesday 19 September (including Evan Little, Oscar Robinson, Callum Osborne, Meredith Ackrill, Craig Fair, Dianne Grain).
Grading returns – please ensure these are up to date. All competition scores need to be recorded (whole numbers only, not inners) for cards shot between 1 April and 30 September. It is each shooter’s individual responsibility to complete their grading return, which will be collected in the first week of October for collation and forwarding to the national body, Target Shooting New Zealand. Let me know if you have any problems.
- Friday 15 September, 7.30pm, Wellington v Hutt interclub winners match, Keene Range, Petone. C Grade, 2x10: Oscar Robinson, Erin Little (captain), Inge Little, Amalamo Simi. On call: Anna. Team manager/equipment: Evan Little.
- Friday 15 September, 7.30pm, Wellington v Hutt C Grade representative match, Keene Range, Petone, 2x10. Team TBC.
- Saturday 16 September, Hawkes Bay Open Champs, Hastings.
- Tuesday 19 September, 8.15pm, Final 10 of Wellington Closed Champs, 1x20, including: Evan Little, Oscar Robinson, Callum Osborne, Meredith Ackrill, Craig Fair, Dianne Grain.
- Saturday 23 September, North Island Open Champs, Palmerston North.