Many members achieved new personal best (PB) scores this week: Chris Lockery, Casey Israelson, Hugh Guiney, Nathan Chamberlain, Carl Whitehead, Josh Whitehead, Jack Day, Poul Israelson, Adam Williams, Mike Williams and Evan Strachan – well done!
The top scores in D grade were shot by Chris Lockery 98.5, Hugh Guiney 94.4, Nathan Chamberlain 92.1, Carl Whitehead 92.0 and Josh Whitehead 90.3. Casey Israelson’s 98.2 was best in C Grade followed by a flurry of 95s recorded by Inge Little, Matthew Canlas and Anna Hooper. Mark Riley scored highest in B Grade with 96.0 ahead of Erin Little on 95.3, and in the higher grades Meredith Ackrill led with 99.6 ahead of David Grain on 98.5. Meredith’s 200.11 was the best 20-shot score this week, followed by Evan Little with 197.10.
Wellington achieved a great result in Round 1 of the National District Champs competition on Thursday, winning each of the three sections, and scoring 13 points against The Plainsmen’s 0 points. Meredith Ackrill’s 298.19 placed her in the top scores section, taken across all competing associations. Round 2 is against Canterbury on 17 May.
The Teams of Ten trials have now been completed, following the Wellington v Horowhenua match held yesterday in Levin. Once again Meredith Ackrill was top shot, scoring 397.22 including her second 200 of the season. Two Wellington teams will now compete in the Teams of Ten match in Te Puke on Saturday 12 May. Congratulations to the 10 Brooklyn members noted under Upcoming Events on their selection to the teams.
The interclub competition commences on Tuesday with a bye for our C Graders, B Grade competes against Aotea at 8.15 and the Open Grade competes against Melrose at 8.45pm.
Closed champs targets are now available thanks to our team of helpers for collating into rounds. The targets will be located on the table beneath the club scoreboard – please ensure you pick up your target (labelled on the back) and not someone else’s. The deadline for Round 1 is Sunday 20 May.
- Tuesday 1 May, Round 1 interclub. B Grade team v Aotea (1x10, 8.15pm): Erin Little (captain), Mark Riley, Hamish Guthrey, Anna Hooper. On call: Amalamo Simi, Casey Israelson. Open Grade team v Melrose (1x20, 8.45pm): Meredith Ackrill, Evan Little (captain), Erin Little, David Grain. On call: Dianne Grain, Mark Riley.
- Friday 4 / Saturday 5 May, Wellington Central Open Champs, Royal Tiger Range, Newtown.
- Saturday 12 May, 8.00am, Teams of Ten Match, Te Puke. #1 team: Meredith Ackrill, Evan Little, David Grain, Erin Little. #2 team: Ross Little, Mark Riley, Dianne Grain, Amalamo Simi, Inge Little. Emergency: Wiko du Toit.
- Thursday 17 May, 7.30pm, Round 2 NDC.
- Saturday 19 May, Poroutawhao Open Champs, Poroutawhao Range, Levin.
- Sunday 20 May, Round 1 closed champs deadline.