Meredith Ackrill and Evan Little continue to record excellent scores, 100.6 and 198.12 for Meredith, and 99.8 and 196.10 for Evan. Ross Little was next best in A Grade with 98.5. Dianne Grain had the highest score in B Grade (98.3) followed by Erin Little with 95.3. Congratulations to Emily Lockery on scoring an equal personal best of 96.2 to take top honours in C Grade, ahead of Inge Little with 95.3. And Stephen Thessman continues to lead D Grade, this week scoring 93.2, while Josh Whitehead was next best with 87.1.
Best on the rest this week was Ethan Haigh 90.2, very closely followed by Cassie Truscott 90.1, with many other scores in the 80s being recorded.
The four-week introduction programme has now finished, and those interested in continuing to shoot have been invited to join the club. New shooters will transition to slings over the first three weeks in April.
At the BSRC AGM last night, it was decided to keep the club fees at the same level as last year. Prompt payment of subs would be appreciated, either into the club’s bank account using your name as a reference, or at the club.
The following roles were approved at the AGM:
- President – David Grain
- Vice-President – Mark Robinson
- Secretary – Peter McCarthy
- Treasurer – Evan Little
- Captain – Dianne Grain
- Handicapper – Inge Little
- Committee – Craig Fair, Meredith Ackrill, Inge Little
- College coordination – Stephen Thessman and Craig Fair
- Armourer – Mark Robinson
- Supper coordination – Meredith Ackrill
- Club night coordination – Stephen Thessman and Erin Little
The club calendar is nearing completion and will be emailed to members as soon as it is finalised. Please keep this handy as it includes the dates for open champs, representative matches, interclubs and college competitions.
The grading season commences on 1 April. All competition scores need to be recorded from this date until 30 September. Please add another tab to the spreadsheet used last year.
- Monday 1 April, 2019 grading season commences.
- Saturday 6 April, Colyton Open Champs, Feilding.
- Sunday 7 April, 9.30am, Teams of Ten trial, 2x20 shots.
- Sunday 7 April, 5.30pm, moving to slings, followed by club competition from 6.30pm.
- Saturday 13 April, Bulls Open Champs, Palmerston North.
- Sunday 14 April, 9.30am, Teams of Ten trial, 2x20 shots.
- Sunday 14 April, 5.30pm, moving to slings, followed by club competition from 6.30pm.