Welcome to new members Cassie Truscott, Maia Lapointe, Lauchie Grahame and Ryan Day. It is expected a further four or five will join the club in the next week or so.
There were many fantastic scores achieved yesterday. In our “best on the rest” section, Daniel Johnson top-scored with 96.1, closely followed by Cassie Truscott 95.1 and Maia Lapointe 94.3. Only a point separated all in D Grade with Stephen Thessman taking top honours this week with 86.0. Casey Israelson scored best in C Grade with 97.5 ahead of Emily Lockery on 94.1. In B Grade Mark Riley led with an impressive 99.3, followed by Craig Fair with 95.3. Evan Little scored highest in A Grade with 98.6, and Meredith Ackrill continued her fine shooting with 100.7 in Master Grade. The excellent scores carried through to the 20-shot competition – Evan Little 197.11 closely followed by Meredith Ackrill 197.9 while Mark Riley, Erin Little and Bex Gibbs all scored 195s.
We are now in the grading season so please start recording all your competition scores from now until the end of September. Add a new tab to the spreadsheet you used last year.
Thanks to those who have paid their subs. As the affiliation components of the subs need to be forwarded to the regional and national bodies this month, it would be appreciated if all members could make prompt payment into either the club’s bank account using your name as a reference, or at the club next Sunday. The TSNZ membership form also needs to be completed as soon as possible – hard copies are available at the club.
The transition to slings will commence next Sunday at 5pm, with a session for the next group the following Sunday. Could senior members please advise which day(s) they are able to assist on.
- Monday 1 April, 2019 grading season commences.
- Saturday 6 April, Colyton Open Champs, Feilding.
- Sunday 7 April, 9.30am, Teams of Ten trial, 2x20 shots.
- Sunday 7 April, 5pm, moving to slings, followed by club competition from 6.30pm.
- Saturday 13 April, Bulls Open Champs, Palmerston North.
- Sunday 14 April, 9.30am, Teams of Ten trial, 2x20 shots.
- Sunday 14 April, 5pm, moving to slings, followed by club competition from 6.30pm.