The highlight of the week was the Rees Scroll (Teams of Ten) match, held in Masterton. With 14 teams of 11 shooters each, this was a great opportunity to compete shoulder to shoulder with shooters from around the North Island. Wellington finished in 5th position, just 2 points behind Hutt Valley, while the first three placings went to Manawatu, Waikato and Taranaki. Congratulations to Bex Gibbs on finishing in the top five overall (out of 154 shooters) with a score of 396.26 – a fantastic achievement!
Our B Grade interclub team were very unfortunate to finish a mere three inners behind Melrose in Round 1 of the interclub competition. The team scored 381.13 – top shot was Casey Israelson with 97.2. The B Grade team have a bye in Round 2 on 27 May.
Meredith Ackrill scored best in club shooting yesterday with 100.7. Mark Baines led A Grade with 98.3 and Craig Fair took top honours in B Grade with 97.5. Emily Lockery’s 96.3 in C Grade was a new PB for her – well done! And the best D Graders this week were Stephen Thessman with a phenomenal 98.6, Cassie Truscott 92.1, Maia Lapointe with a new PB of 91.0, Ethan Haigh 90.3 and Seth Smith 90.2. In the 20-shot competition, Mark Baines finished an inner ahead of Mark Riley in a very close match.
It’s great to see so many members have completed their Round 1 closed champs targets. A reminder for the following shooters that the deadline is next Sunday: Finn Ashby, Jack Day, Lauchie Grahame, Casey Israelson, Daniel Johnson, Maia Lapointe, Inge Little, Stephen Thessman, Cassie Truscott, Adam Williams, Mike Williams.
Please note on your club calendars that the Awahuri Open Champs in Feilding, scheduled for Saturday 1 June, has been cancelled.
Brooklyn are responsible for cleaning the range and social area during May. This requires weekly removal of rubbish and recycling, refilling soap and paper towel dispensers, and hand towel and tea towel laundering, along with a one-off full clean of the social area and range which will be undertaken on Sunday 26 May at 7pm. Regular shooting will commence 30 minutes earlier at 6pm on this day to allow time for the clean. Could all members please ensure they add this date to their calendars as the more hands available to do the work, the quicker it will be done.
- Thursday 16 May, 7.30pm, Round 2 NDC. Open section: Meredith Ackrill, Craig Fair, Evan Little, Mark Riley. Composite section: Erin Little. Junior section: Ethan Haigh, Casey Israelson. Emergencies: Stephen Thessman, Cassie Truscott. On call: Inge Little.
- Saturday 18 May, Poroutawhao Open Champs, Poroutawhao, Levin.
- Sunday 19 May, deadline for Round 1 closed champs.
- Sunday 26 May, 6.00pm start to allow cleaning at 7.00pm.
- Monday 27 May, Round 2 interclub. 7.45pm C Grade, 8.45pm Open Grade (B Grade have a bye), both vs Wellington Central. Teams to be named Monday 20 May.
- Sunday 2 June, 5.00pm new members move to slings.