Welcome to our newest club member, Jaz Hamilton. Jaz has been shooting off the rest for a number of weeks and moved into sling and jacket yesterday. Thanks to the team who helped our newer club members with the transition – many very good results were achieved.
Congratulations to Seth Smith and Ryan Day who recorded new PBs yesterday (96.3 and 91.2 respectively).
The top five in D Grade this week were Seth Smith 96.3, Josh Whitehead 93.2, Maia Lapointe 93.2, Ryan Day 91.2, and Finn Ashby 91.1. It’s great to see so many D Graders now recording scores in the 90s (C Grade level) with three others scoring in the high 80s. Inge Little was on fine form in C Grade with 97.7 ahead of Casey Israelson with 96.4. Mark Riley also had a great night, scoring 99.3 to lead B Grade (and be top shot at the club overall), followed by Dianne Grain with 97.6. David Grain recorded the best score in A Grade (96.3), and only three inners separated our Master Grade shooters this week – Meredith Ackrill scoring highest with 97.6. In the 20-shot competition Bex Gibbs’ 198.10 was the top score, ahead of a flurry of 194s recorded by Mark Baines, Erin Little and Mark Riley.
Brooklyn gained 5 points for a win in the C Grade interclub competition on Monday against Wellington Central who were unfortunate to not be able to field a full team but gained 2 bonus points for a 98. Top shot for Brooklyn was Hamish Guthrey with 94.3. In the open interclub match, Brooklyn lost by five points to Wellington Central. Evan Little scored highest with 197.10. Brooklyn host Round 3 of the interclub competition on Sunday 23 June to be contested between Brooklyn and Melrose in both the Open Grade and C Grade (while all B Grade teams have a bye).
A reminder that the deadline for both Round 2 of the closed champs competition and Round 1 of the Triple S (secondary schools shooting) competition is next Sunday. It was great to have everyone meet the Round 1 closed champs deadlines – let’s aim for the same for Round 2 as well.
Next Friday is the deadline to book a place on the club instructor’s course being held at the Royal Tiger range on Friday 14 June at 7pm (poster attached). Please email TSNZ and include your name, phone number, club and choice of location (Wellington).
The club calendar provides a quick reference point for future events – please keep this handy.
- Thursday 6 June, 7.30pm, Round 3 NDC. Open: Meredith Ackrill, Bex Gibbs, Dianne Grain, Mark Riley. Composite: Erin Little, Evan Little. Junior: Casey Israelson, Emily Lockery. Emergencies: David Grain, Mark Baines, Craig Fair. On call: Stephen Thessman.
- Friday 7 / Saturday 8 June, Hutt Valley Open Champs, Keene Range, Petone.
- Sunday 9 June, Round 1 Triple S Champs (secondary school students) deadline.
- Sunday 9 June, Round 2 Closed Champs deadline.
- Friday 14 June, 7.00pm, Club Instructor’s course.
- Saturday 15 June, Southern Hawkes Bay Open Champs, Dannevirke.
- Sunday 16 June, 8.00pm + 8.45pm, Interassociation D Grade. Team to be named 10 June.
- Sunday 16 June, 8.15pm, Interassociation B Grade. Team to be named 10 June.
- Tuesday 18 June, 7.45pm Wellington v Christchurch juniors. Team to be named 10 June.
- Tuesday 18 June, 8.15pm, Wellington v Christchurch women. Team to be named 10 June.