New PBs were recorded this week by Finn Ashby, Jack Day and Megan Brodie – well done!
The top five D Graders were Stephen Thessman 98.5, Cassie Truscott 94.3, Finn Ashby 92.3, Josh Whitehead 91.3 and Jack Day 91.3 with another two also recording scores in the low 90s. Inge Little took the honours in C Grade with 95.2 followed by Chris Lockery on 94.4. The top score in B Grade was shot by Erin Little 99.5 ahead of Dianne Grain 98.5. And Evan Little completed the family trifecta by shooting best in A Grade with 98.6 followed by David Grain with 97.3. Meredith Ackrill’s 100.8 in Master Grade was the top score shot at the club yesterday. The 20-shot competition was very close this week with Erin Little scoring highest with 196.9 followed by Dianne Grain 195.8 and Craig Fair 195.6.
Closed champs results for Round 2 have been distributed. Stephen Thessman’s 98.4 moves him into 1st place in D Grade, followed by Cassie Truscott. Casey Israelson leads C Grade; Erin Little and Evan Little are in 3rd position in B Grade and A Grade respectively, while Meredith Ackrill is 2nd in Master Grade, followed by Bex Gibbs in 3rd place. In the junior competition, Casey Israelson is 2nd, only two inners behind the leader. Meredith Ackrill holds top spot in the women’s match, and David Grain moves up to 2nd place in the veterans competition. The deadline for Round 3 targets is Sunday 30 June.
Three members travelled to Dannevirke to compete in the Southern Hawkes Bay Open Champs on Saturday. While none received a top three placing, Bex Gibbs scored well with 295.18.
The Interassociation D Grade and B Grade representative matches were shot at the club yesterday. Thanks to Finn Ashby for stepping into the emergency position, and for shooting so well, scoring second highest in the team. Top shots in each team were Stephen Thessman 193.6 and Erin Little 196.9. Full results from all associations will be available in September. Many thanks to all club members for ensuring the evening ran smoothly – it’s great to see everyone stepping in to organise targets, to mark, and to help out with coaching both on-range and off-range.
A reminder that if you are using a club rifle you need to wipe it with an oily cloth before leaving each evening. If your rifle is in use by another shooter, please wipe down one of the unused A, B or C rifles instead.
- Tuesday 18 June, 7.45pm, Wellington v Christchurch juniors. Team: Cassie Truscott. On call: Emily Lockery, Josh Whitehead.
- Tuesday 18 June, 8.15pm, Wellington v Christchurch women. Team: Meredith Ackrill, Bex Gibbs, Erin Little. On call: Dianne Grain.
- Saturday 22 June, Wairarapa Open Champs, Martinborough.
- Sunday 23 June, Interclub Round 3. 7.45pm C Grade v Melrose. 8.45pm Open Grade v Melrose.
- Tuesday 25 June, 7.30pm, BSRC Committee meeting.
- Thursday 27 June, 7.30pm, NDC Round 4. Teams named Monday 24 June.
- Saturday 29 June, Wanganui Open Champs.
- Sunday 30 June, deadline for Round 3 closed champs targets.