Many took advantage of it being a gap week on the club scoreboard to shoot their closed champs targets, have a go at a 20-shot target, or fill in blanks on the scoreboard. The highest 20-shot score this week was recorded by Erin Little (198.10) followed by Evan Little with 197.10 while Maia Lapointe’s score of 191.8 was very impressive on her first ever 20‑shot target. In the 10-shot competition, David Grain achieved the best score in the higher grades (99.4) and Erin Little’s 96.4 was highest in B Grade. Chris Lockery scored 96.2 to lead C Grade this week ahead of Inge Little with 95.4. And the three highest scoring D Graders were Cassie Truscott 98.3, Ethan Haigh 94.3 and Jaz Hamilton 89.1.
The Wellington team competing in the Teams of Five match recorded an excellent score on Thursday, considerably higher than in previous years. This is always a tough match, requiring 2x20 shot cards to be shot within an hour. Top Brooklyn shooter was Erin Little with 391.22, two inners ahead of Dianne Grain. Full results will be available in September.
Wellington came 2nd in the Triangular Open Match on Saturday, 7 points behind winners Hutt Valley, and 22 points ahead of Wairarapa. Thanks to all Brooklyn shooters involved for assisting with running this competition.
Cassie Truscott and Jack Day shot exceptionally well in Round 2 of the local secondary schools competition (97.3 and 97.2 respectively – a new PB for Jack), while Megan Brodie also recorded a new PB of 92.4. Wellington College finished in 3rd place, behind Taita and Naenae and 2 points ahead of Queen Margaret’s. Congratulations to the following Brooklyn shooters on being selected for the Wellington secondary schools team to compete against other regions next Sunday: Casey Israelson, Emily Lockery, Jack Day, Cassie Truscott, Megan Brodie and Maia Lapointe.
A date to add to your diaries: Brooklyn have booked the range for a training session at 2pm on Sunday 15 September. The session will assess shooters’ position and set-up, followed by a number of shooting drills. This is a great opportunity to train and analyse. If you are using a scope, come along and have a go.
If you have any queries during September, please contact Inge Little.
- Saturday 31 August, BSA Cup Match, 1pm, Levin range: Evan Little.
- Saturday 31 August, Osmond Shield, 7.30pm and Wright Cup, 7.45pm, 1x10. PLEASE BRING A SMALL PLATE OF FOOD FOR A SHARED SUPPER.
- Sunday 1 September, Intercollegiate representative match, 2pm, Newtown range, 2x10. Wellington team: Casey Israelson, Emily Lockery, Jack Day, Cassie Truscott, Megan Brodie and Maia Lapointe.
- Sunday 1 September, deadline for Round 6 closed champs.
- Sunday 1 September, deadline for Round 4 Triple S champs.
- Wednesday 4 September, Wellington v Waikato D Grade, 7.45pm, 2x10. Team: Ethan Haigh, Stephen Thessman, Cassie Truscott. Emergency: Maia Lapointe.
- Saturday 7 September, Wellington v Hutt Valley Open Grade, 2pm, 1x10 + 1x20. Team: Mark Baines, Bex Gibbs, Erin Little, Evan Little, Stephen Thessman. Emergencies: Mark Riley, Craig Fair.
- Saturday 7 September, Wellington v Hutt Valley Women’s match, 2pm, 1x10 + 1x20. Team: Erin Little. On call: Inge Little, Cassie Truscott.
- Monday 9 September, Wellington v Hertfordshire, 8pm, 1x10 NZ + 1x10 UK. Team to be named Sunday 1 September.
- Friday 13 September, Wellington v Hutt Valley C Grade, 7pm, 2x10, Keene Range, Petone. Team to be named Sunday 1 September.
- Friday 13 September, Wellington v Hutt Valley interclub winners, Keene Range, Petone. C Grade and Open Grade interclub teams to be named Friday 30 August.