Congratulations to Alaina Wilks on shooting a new PB of 92.1.
There was some great shooting in the 20-shot competition this week with Michael Grain recording two 199.13s, Meredith Ackrill 199.6, Pratik Tailor 198.6 and 197.12, and Ross Little 197.14. Meredith Ackrill was top shot in Master Grade with 100.3 while Pratik Tailor and David Grain both scored 99s. Three A Graders also recorded 99s (Evan Little 99.6, Jess Fair 99.5 and Dianne Grain 99.4). Craig Fair continues to shoot well scoring 98.6 in B Grade, and Erin Little had the best 10-shot score in C Grade of 90.1 while Stephen Thessman’s 191.11 comprised a 95 and 96. The top D Grade scores this week were shot by Ben Cox 97.6, Hamish Guthrey 94.3, Summer O’Dwyer 94.3, Dave Wilks 94.2, Phil Cox 93.2 and Leilani Fam 93.2.
Results from the final round of the Triple S secondary schools competition are now available (http://www.bsrc.org.nz/index.php/ssc/56-new-zealand-secondary-schools-shooting-championship-sss-champs). Congratulations to:
- Wellington College #1 (Stephen Thessman, Callum Osborne, Greg Mason, Harry Furnish and Alex Hill) – 3rd in the teams event
- Callum Osborne – 2nd in B Grade
- Summer O’Dwyer – 3rd in D Grade (Ben Cox was 4th)
- and also to Stephen Thessman who finished a mere two inners behind the C Grade 3rd placegetter
- Stephen, Callum and Summer all finished in the top 10 overall out of 91 shooters competing.
The Wellington C Grade representative team were unfortunate to lose by one point to Hutt Valley on Friday. There were many great scores shot by the team, and top shot for Wellington was Hamish Guthrey with 193.5 which included a new PB of 98.2. Hamish’s scores have increased markedly since taking up the opportunity offered to all members to rent a brand new Feinwerkbau from the club. Our open grade interclub team shot a phenomenal 794.54 which included two 200s (Meredith Ackrill 200.16 and Pratik Tailor 200.11) to win against Upper Hutt in the interclub winners match – congratulations to the team on a fantastic effort.
Final results are now available from the Wellington closed champs competition. There were a number of very close matches, which came down to a mere point or even inners to determine the placegetters. Congratulations to Michael Grain, Pratik Tailor, Evan Little, Dianne Grain, Summer O’Dwyer on their 1st and 2nd placings in the grades, and to Meredith Ackrill and Jess Fair on winning the ladies and junior competitions respectively. The top 10 overall will now compete in the Wellington Closed Champs Final 10 competition, to be held on Thursday 24 August.
Thanks to those who have offered assistance in running the interisland secondary schools competition on Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 September. If anyone else is available to help, please let me know.
Tickets are now available for the Brooklyn Club Centenary Dinner, being held on Saturday 17 October at The Pines, Houghton Bay. Descendants of one of the original club members will be re-presenting a Brooklyn National Reserve trophy to the club, and will give a short talk on that club member’s experiences during World War I. As well, a number of past members who shot during the club’s heyday in the 1950s will also be attending. It is hoped the centenary dinner will be well supported by past and present club members.
- Tuesday 15 September, 7.45pm, Royal Tiger Range, Wellington v Waikato D Grade, 2x10. Team: Summer O’Dwyer, Ollie Tuohy, Ben Cox, Hamish Guthrey, Luisa Kristen, Georgia Karantze. Emergency: Phil Cox.
- Saturday 19 September, North Island Open Champs, Palmerston North.
- Thursday 24 September, 8.15pm, 1x20, Final 10 of the Wellington Closed Champs: Michael Grain, Pratik Tailor, David Grain, Evan Little, Meredith Ackrill, Dianne Grain, Jess Fair.
- Saturday 26 September and Sunday 27 September, Interisland secondary schools match. Wellington College: Callum Osborne, Stephen Thessman, Ben Cox. Samuel Marsden: Summer O’Dwyer, Luisa Kristen, Neakiry Kivi. Wellington Girls: Erin Little.